Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

It was very much regular morning.  I woke up and did my First 5.  Then got ready for school.

School was good, for the most part.  Aunt A brought some of her jewelry and put it on display in the library for some of the teachers who would not be able to make it to the jewelry party tonight.  She was there from lunch until after school.  I got to go down and visit with her during my break, and then she was able to eat lunch with me.

After school, I came home and made my cheese dip for the party.  Then I did a little laundry, and visited with Aunt A for a few minutes.  The Youngest Princess was doing her best to get attention, and she was getting it, just not the kind she wanted.  So she and I went upstairs and spent some one on one "mommy/daughter time".  I think Aunt A got a in a quick nap.  My Prince did a little studying.
Soon it was time to get ready for our party.  So I changed my outfit, and got ready.  We picked out a different outfit for the Youngest Princess and she got ready.  The Oldest Princess helped me out by fixing her hair.  

We left to get everything ready at the church.  We were putting out and arranging the last pieces when the first people started to arrive.  I don't think we stopped.  We were pretty much busy non-stop!  It was wonderful! Everyone that came seemed to really enjoy themselves.  And we didn't count, so I am not sure how much money was made, but I believe it was a pretty good amount.  I had a blast just seeing and fellowshipping with those that came.  When there seemed to be a small lull in all the jewelry buying, Aunt A took a few minutes to explain her ministry, and how the jewelry making helps to change the lives of women in dire circumstances.  It was a blessing to be a part of it, and to be able to help even if in a small way.

After the party, we cleaned up and I have to give a shout out here to all of the wonderful ladies who helped with the food tonight.  Those who brought food, those who helped serve food, those who helped clean up!  Y'all deserve a special place in heaven for your servant's hearts!  You all were a HUGE blessing to me tonight, and I love you!

We told Aunt A goodbye in the parking lot, as she was off to another appointment tomorrow.  We should get to see her briefly again in about a week.

The Oldest Princess and I came home.  A friend had brought the Youngest Princess home a little bit earlier.  We all gathered and did family devotions and prayed.  Then the kids scattered in the wind, and I sat down to quickly blog about our day.  Now I am off to read to the Youngest Princess, that is if she is not already asleep.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: