Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, February 4, 2016

February 4, 2016

It has been a great day.

I know you are all dying to know, so with the help of some really big curlers, my hair did a little better today.  It is still not exactly like I want it.  It is still a work in progress.  Ha!  But at least I did not have to go the ponytail route today.

Really nothing out of the ordinary happened during school, except a sweet family from our church that we love sent beautiful flowers to the Oldest Princess because they were not going to be able to attend her Basketball/Cheer Senior Night tonight.  The Young Prince was in class with her when they were delivered.  He sent a picture to her boyfriend and told him he needed to step up his game.  He implied that they were from another boy for a few minutes, and then told him who they were really from.

After school, we hurried home to get the Youngest Princess ready to cheer for the last game of this season.  She was so excited that she was about to explode.  They were going to do their competition routine for halftime.  We got her ready and there early, because there was no way she was going to let us be late!

My Prince and I then ran to the store to pick up a few things we needed.  We ran to another store, because the first one did not have exactly what we wanted, but the second store was a bust too.  So we gave up and went to the game.

The younger girls did great cheering.  They fought their nerves and did wonderful on their competition routines at halftime.

Tonight as I already said, was Senior Night for the Oldest Princess.  So they called all the Senior basketaball players, and cheerleaders and their parents out on the court.  They presented roses to their moms.  It was very sweet, and a little sad.  They made banners for each senior, and hung them on the walls for everyone to come by and sign.  I thought that was a great idea.  I don't think that is something that has been done at our school before.  Kuddos to the students who put it all together.
At halftime of the varsity game, the varsity girls did their competition cheer routine.  They too, did a great job.

The Varsity guys played a good game, but unfortunately were not able to pull out a win.  I was sad for them, because they played with heart, and I know they really wanted to win.

After the game, there were lots of pictures, and a few tears.  We took down the Oldest Princess's banner so she could bring it home.  The parents of the varsity cheerleaders presented the girls with little travel kits decorated with their names and filled with trinkets to make their competition time a little easier - makeup, nail polish, bobby pins, snacks, etc.

We stopped at a local restaurant on the way home to get dinner.  At home we were reading the Oldest Princess's banner, and the Youngest Princess got very emotional.  I reminded her that she always says when her sister moves out to go to college, she is going to have the room all to herself, and that she is going to throw a party.  To which she sadly replied.  I only say that to make her THINK I am NOT going to be sad!  But I AM going to be SAD!

She then sat down and wrote a letter to her sister about how much she will miss her when she moves away.  She had me be sneaky and help her hide it in her sister's bag that was already packed for cheer competition.  It was absolutely the sweetest letter ever.  I took a picture of it, in case anything happens to the letter itself.  It was precious.

Everyone was running here and there, we did a quick wash of cheer uniforms and things that needed to be washed before we leave for competition tomorrow.  Bags were packed, and lists were checked twice.

When we all were mostly done, we settled on our bed for family devotions.  My Prince read I John 2:1-15.  He gave us a quick overview, and the Youngest Princess closed us in prayer.  Then everyone headed to bed.  I sat down to blog (I was supposed to have another guest blogger tonight, but that fell through).  And now, I can barely stay awake myself, so I am going to go downstairs and restart the dryer, and then I am going to bed myself.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: