Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, February 19, 2016

February 19, 2016

It was a good morning.  Even if I slept in a little later than I wanted to.  I did my First 5. Today it was about God inviting the people to give willingly toward the building of the tabernacle.  And then they turned it to ask what kingdom building project has God invited the reader to be a part of lately.  And asked people to think about if they were giving their time, talents or finances with a grateful heart.  It is exciting to think that God is inviting each of us to have a part in His wonderful plan.  I pray that I do my part willingly, not grudgingly.

My student that was sick yesterday was still sick today.  It really makes me sad.  But they took him to the doctor, so hopefully he will be feeling better soon.  We were able to get everything done, and even had some time to spare.  I was able to read two chapters of Josiah, and we stopped at a really good cliff hanger.  On the weekend!  Now they have to wait until Monday to find out what happens!  I love it!

I was able to share my heart with a friend today.  Some things that I have been dealing with lately.  What a blessing it is to work with others who will commit to pray with me about something heavy on my heart!  Just knowing that she is praying with me means so very much!  I look forward to seeing how God moves and shows Himself mighty in this area as we pray together.  I am reading a book that uses many mountain climbing examples and talks about faith moving mountains.  I know God can and will move this mountain, in His time, in His way, and for His glory.

After school, I was able to come home and relax for a few minutes.  Something I haven't been able to do for a while.  It was a beautiful day, so the Youngest Princess played outside on the trampoline, and had a blast.  The Oldest Princess got ready for her date with her friend.  She went with he and his parents to a new pizza place in a city near us for dinner.  The Young Prince took a shower and then got in his bed for a nap.

We fixed grilled pork chops, shells and cheese and green beans for dinner.  When it was ready, My Prince woke up the Young Prince, so he could come and eat with us.  Dinner was good.  It was nice to be able to eat an unhurried, home cooked meal around the dinner table.  I enjoyed the food and the company was awesome.

After dinner as we were clearing the table, my sister text and asked if we were home, and if it was a good time for her to call.  I told her yes.  She called and we talked for a while just catching up.  She is doing good, and it was nice to hear from her.

I wasn't off the phone for very long when the Oldest Princess came home from her date.  She and her friend, we'll call him the Gray Ghost from now on (some of you will remember and know why), came in from their date.  The Gray Ghost stayed and visited with us for a few minutes.  Then he went home, as we all have a very early morning tomorrow, and he is joining us on our exciting adventure.

The Young Prince asked me if I had noted in my blog that today marks the 4th year anniversary of my grandmother's first day in heaven.  He remembered because my cousin had put a precious picture of her on Facebook.  She was a precious lady loved by many.  And we all miss her.  I thought about her at Christmas when we were at my brother's.  I got up early one morning and went and sat out on the back porch and looked out over where her house used to stand.  I was sitting there praying and enjoying the quiet and the peacefulness of nature, when I saw some Cardinals.  My Momo loved to feed and watch her red birds.  It made her feel a little closer sitting there watching red birds as she used to do.  I tried to get a picture of one of them, but I could not get close enough to get a good one without scaring them away.  What a special gift from God at that time and in that place.  It made me smile to think of her and her love for life.

We all gathered and had our family devotions.  Philippians 3:12-21 we discussed it, and then shared prayer requests and prayed.  Such a special time, even if it is just for a few minutes, that we can come together and learn things from God's Word together as a family.  The kids tend to be more talkative, and it is nice to hear them share their hearts through prayer requests.  Some nights it is late and we are tired, other nights it is not convenient, because we are crunched for time and have so much to do, but it is always worth it.

After devotions, I continued to work on my blog.  The Oldest Princess did me a favor by starting a quick load of laundry for me.  My Prince is watching something political on TV.  I have no idea where the Young Prince and the Youngest Princess are or what they are doing.  I am about to go tell them all goodnight and finish a Mandie book with the Youngest Princess.

Until tomorrow...


No comments: