Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March 1, 2016

Wow!  I can't believe it is already March!  Time seems to be flying by.

This morning - the usual.  Woke up, First 5 - about accountability.  I know that I am much more determined to think about what I am studying if I know that someone is going to be asking me what I learned from my study, than I am on the days when I am just rushing through to check off that I have read.

School was pretty normal.  My students for the most part did fantastic on their math test, and on their Science exam.  I love it when they all make good grades!  We were able to squeeze in one chapter of Josiah at the end of the day.  Tomorrow we will finish book 5, and might even start on book 6.  This may be the first class to finish all 7 books before the end of the school year.

The Youngest Princess and I went home and waited a few minutes for My Prince to get home from work, and for the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince to come in for play practice.  When everyone finally got home, My Prince, the Oldest Princess and I (and the Youngest Princess who rode along, because she usually gets a cookie out of the deal) went to vote.  It was the Oldest Princess's first time to vote, and she was pretty excited.  Every time I vote, I think of my mom and dad.  Neither of them ever voted (that I know of).  It always makes me sad that they would pass up such am important opportunity.  They loved their country, but did not vote.  I am thankful that we can pass on the importance of voting to our children, and I am proud of the Oldest Princess for going with us and voting today.

We came home and relaxed for a few minutes before we started dinner.  While we were relaxing, the Young Prince and the Youngest Princess were playing outside.  Something happened and they had an argument.  They both came in upset.  My Prince talked to the Young Prince, and I talked to the Youngest Princess.  It seems that the Young Prince was frustrated at himself, and she was bothering him by asking him repeatedly to do something for her.  She did not get the hint of when enough was enough (she has trouble with that sometimes), and he got angry with her.  I talked to her about knowing when enough is enough, and when to back off.  The Young Prince had gone upstairs, but I told My Prince that he needed to learn to not take out his frustrations on himself, out on his sister.  It wasn't very long until the Young Prince came downstairs and told me that he had heard what I had said, and that I was right.  He sincerely apologized to sister, and she apologized to him.  It was very sweet.  It is the stuff that makes a mom  proud!

Shortly thereafter, we started dinner.  My Prince grilled chicken, and I fixed the sides while helping the Youngest Princess study over her spelling words.

We ate, and then while we were all gathered at the table, we went ahead and had our family devotions before we all went our separate ways to study and prepare for tomorrow and bed.  We read Colossians 3:1-11.  Good stuff there, with a lot of practical application.  I notice that when I set my affection on things on the earth, I tend to be unthankful, and grumpy and sad.  But when my affections are set on those things which are above, I am much, much happier.  And every time I think about "putting on the new man", I think of Mrs. K, one of my youth pastor's wives, and  a lesson that she taught on that subject.  I love you, Mrs. K and thank you for teaching in such a way that your lesson has stuck with me for at least 20 years.

After dinner, we all cleaned up the kitchen.  Then the kids went off to study.  My Prince went to watch some of the early election results, and I started writing my blog.

The kids needed some clothes washed, so we started a load of laundry.  I sent the Youngest Princess to get her shower, and I am going to do a little studying about the tabernacle, while she gets ready for bed, and then we are going to read Mandie and get some sleep.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: