Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, February 18, 2016

February 18, 2016

Last night when I went upstairs, the Youngest Princess was already asleep.  She woke up enough to snuggle with me for a few minutes, but we decided not to read, because she was so tired - so we are no closer to solving the mystery of the quilt.

I went to bed and read a little more of the book I've been reading, but not much before I went to sleep myself.

***************

Today was pretty much just as normal as a normal can be.  As the Young Prince would say...boring. I woke up and did my First 5 - it was about how Moses got angry and broke the Ten Commandments, and then God had to do them again.  It was about how when we mess up, God is compassionate and gives us another chance, and another, and another.  And boy am I thankful that He does give us more than one chance, because I need more than one chance often.

School was pretty normal.  Except for the tornado drill. That was the only thing that was different from a regular day.  I had one student out today.  He was at home with a fever.  I don't like it when one of my kids are sick.  It makes me sad.  So I pray that he is much better tonight, and that he will be back with us tomorrow.

The Oldest Princess came in at the end of the day and found my secret stash of Thin Mint cookies.  Let's just say that I don't have as many as I did before she found them.  What can I say, she gets her love of them from me.

We came home, and I started a load of laundry and worked on my Exodus study.  We didn't have much time before we had to take the Youngest Princess to her tumbling class.  The whole family went, because we were going to run get something to eat afterward.  She did pretty good in her class, and then we went to a local chicken restaurant and ate dinner.

After eating, we came back home and all of the kids scattered to get their homework done.  I did some more studying and laundry.  A couple of the kids were stressing over their homework.  When they stress, I stress.  I seriously have a love/hate relationship with homework. Tonight, it was on the hate side. (Sorry, Grammy.  I know it's not sin or the devil.) I don't hate it every night of course.  But when two of the three are stressing out, it tends to tip the scale to the "I really dislike homework" side.  We managed to get as much done as we were capable of getting done.  And tomorrow is a new day.  And praise the Lord, His mercies are new every morning!  So we will start over again tomorrow.

We did our family devotions on Philippians 3:1-11.  We discussed it, and shared prayer requests.  I prayed and tried my best to remember each request.  We have several friends that have experienced the loss of loved a loved one.  We have cheer competitions coming up.  We have friends who are sick and need healing.  We prayed for wisdom for several of us who need wisdom and guidance.  We prayed for a good night's rest.

Everyone went their own way to get ready for tomorrow.  Now I will do the same.  And the Youngest Princess and I have a date with a Mandie book.

Until tomorrow...





No comments: