Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, February 21, 2016

February 21, 2016

Sunday morning.  We got up and and got ready for church, without too much stress. That's saying a lot for a Sunday morning.  Usually Sunday mornings are when Satan hides shoes and belts and socks or leggings, but this morning was relatively smooth.

In Sunday School, we continued our study in Ruth.  Today we did a study on the word Redeemer.  There is some interesting stuff there.

The sermon was sort of a continuation of last Sunday night's sermon.  It was from John 9, when the disciples asked Jesus who had sinned, the blind man or his parents. In verse 3 Jesus answers them and says that the man's blindness is neither because of his sin, or his parents's sins, but "that the works of God should be made manifest in him."  There are different reasons that God sends trials in our lives.  This trial was not because of sin in the blind man's life, or in the lives of his parents.  This situation was for God's glorification.  Sometimes, we have trials to help us mature.  Sometimes, trials are to further the Gospel, and sometimes, just like in today's passage, God sends trials so that He will be glorified.

After the service, I went to the back with My Prince to shake hands as everyone left.  Our friend, Mr. D was back again today!  How exciting is that!  And, then my friend and I were "twinning" today, and another friend took our picture.

We went to eat lunch, and after lunch My Prince and the oldest two kids went back to the church to print some music that the oldest two needed because they were going lead worship with the praise team tonight.  The Youngest Princess and I went home.  The others weren't too far behind us.  They went upstairs to practice, and I got busy studying for my Bible Drills class and for our Sunday afternoon class.

There was another squirrel hunt.  This time, we were not as successful.  But, that squirrel's days are numbered!

After the squirrel hunt.  My Prince sat down and studied for a little while with me.  I was able to get part of my Exodus study done as well.

Then it was time to go to church.  Our small group study went well.  My Prince talked about something that stood out to him in his study during the week, and I thought it was cool, because the same thing had stuck out to me, and I had even made a note along the same lines about it in my book.  And we had not talked about it at all.

Before Bible Drills, we went up and watched the Oldest Princess, the Young Prince and the rest of the youth praise team lead worship.  I was very proud of all of them.  It takes a lot of courage to get up there and sing and play, and I think they did a great job! I love that they are using their talents for the Lord and His glory.

Bible Drills went a little better this week than last.  The kids were a little more serious and prepared than they were last week.  They never cease to amaze me with how much they can memorize.  It is amazing.

After church we came home and ate pizza and watched a show the kids love.  Then everyone went upstairs, and left me down here working on my blog.  It is lonesome down here, so I am going up to join them all, do our family devotions, snuggle with a princess and read some Mandie.

Until tomorrow...


No comments: