Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 14, 2016

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

This morning went pretty normal as far as Sunday mornings go.  The Youngest Princess not being here meant that I had a few less things to do to get ready.  

In Sunday School, we continued studying the book of Ruth.  It was a little more factual than applicational today.  Still, it was good.  I love the story of Ruth.  It is one of my favorites.

My Prince is a great and wonderful husband!!! - Too funny! I walked away from the computer for a few minutes, and my great and wonderful husband made an addition to my blog.  I left it, because it made me smile.  And of course, because it is absolutely true!

At the beginning of the morning service, two people were baptized.  One of them was one of my very good friends.  The other was the son of another of my very good friends.  It was a very exciting way to start our service.  My Prince preached on An Exceeding Love.  The passage was Luke 14:26, where Jesus says that if you don't hate your father and your mother, your wife and your children, your sister, your brother, and even yourself, then you can not be His disciple.  It was part of the series: Jesus's Confounding Words.  That verse can be confounding.  Does Jesus really mean that we have to hate those that we love the most?  No, He meant that our love for Him should be so great that our love for everyone else, should pale greatly in comparison. 

At the end of the service, I went to the back to shake hands and speak to people as they left.  One of the first people to come through was a man that I recognized.  It was our friend we met while he was standing on the road holding a sign, looking for a job.  One of our church members had picked him up and brought him to church!  How exciting is that!  I don't think he recognized me, he just shook my hand and carried on, but he definitely recognized My Prince and stood and talked to him for a few minutes. God is definitely at work there. The story continues, and I can't wait to see how it ends!

After church we went downstairs to eat lunch with the family members of our church member that passed away.  Her grandson, and his wife and their children are also members of our church.  We feel like they are a part of our family.  The Oldest Princess babysits for them often, and we love them and all three of their children.  After lunch, the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince both took the kids to their house to keep them during the funeral.

The Youngest Princess and I went back upstairs to get our seats for the funeral.  My Prince did a good job honoring the life of a precious lady who was very special to many of us.  We only knew her for about four years, but we felt as though we had known and loved her forever.  From the funeral we went to the graveside.  The Youngest Princess did not have a jacket (because she had been away from home for two nights and did not have the proper coat for the weather this morning), so I gave her mine.  The wind was very, very cold, but at least the sun was shining, and that helped a lot. 

From there we came home.  I studied for my Bible Drill class and for my Wednesday night small group.  

The oldest two came home from babysitting only to quickly change clothes and  go back to church for their leadership team meeting.  

We followed shortly after them.  We had our 5:00 small group class.  I really enjoyed it tonight, and one of my friends in the class brought me surprise.  It was a notebook.  With a hedgehog on it!  I had said something about a hedgehog (her little girl had one on her shirt, and it was cuteness overload) a few days ago, and she remembered.  It was so sweet!!

After that, I had my Bible Drills class.  It was good, but we are coming down to the wire, and we have to spend more time working than playing now.  But the kids did well.  We will get there in time. I have faith.

After church, we stopped at a small store near the church and ran into several other church members who had the same idea.  We picked up several things that we needed, and then came home.  I got to snuggle on the couch with My Prince while we all watched television for a little while.  

Then we had family devotions.  Philippians 1:19-30.  We talked about it, and the Youngest Princess closed us in prayer.  Then we all went our ways to get ready for bed.  It has been a long day.  Full of joy and sadness.  I am ready to curl up next to my valentine and rest, so that we can face another day together tomorrow.  So, 

Until tomorrow...


No comments: