Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, February 26, 2016

February 26, 2016

*Woke up and did my First 5 devotion - talking about the Shekinah glory of God residing in the tabernacle, and how He now resides (the Holy Spirit) in believers today.  Do we display the presence of God to others?  Do our actions show the glory of God to those around us?  My word: GLORIFY  Let's do it! Let's glorify God together!

*When I got to school, one of our secretaries said, "Hey, I thought about you the other day!"  She went on to tell me that she had seen my post asking for dominoes, and she was at a yard sale, and saw a set and bought them for me.  How sweet was that!  She said she thought there might be one missing, which was fine, because I am just going to use them for my Bible Drills class, and not for actually playing a game of dominoes, so they were perfect! Made my heart smile!  I love the way God provides!  And I love my great co-workers!

*Then, when I walked into my classroom, one of my students insisted that I sit down in my chair, close my eyes and prepare for awesomeness.  Okaaay.  I'm sitting and covering my eyes and wondering what "awesomeness" is about to come my way, because a 5th grade boy's idea of awesomeness and my idea of awesomeness are not always exactly the same.  But I did as he said, reluctantly.  The next thing I know, he is putting a box on my desk.  Thankfully, there was nothing alive in the box!  It was a timer, the hourglass kind, except instead of sand, this one has magnetic shavings in it.  The shavings fall through the timer and the magnet in the base make them pile up all crazy in the bottom.  The student who put the box on my desk had received one for Christmas, and had brought it.  We had fun playing with it, and he knew I thought it was really cool.  So, he went and spent his own money to buy one for me!  Now, that selflessness, that is what I call "AWESOMENESS!" And yes, we played with it off and on all day.  It is really cool. I told y'all I have great students!

*It was a long day, and we had a lot to get done.  The students worked until the very end of the day.  We did manage to read a few pages of Josiah, but not even a whole chapter, before it was time to go.

*Poppy made it in, and he and My Prince stopped by the school so that he could see the Youngest Princess before she went home with a friend.  They were going to go watch a gymnastics meet tonight and then she was going to spend the night with her friend, so she would not be able to see Poppy before he flew out tomorrow.  This way she did get to see him for a few minutes.

*We waited for the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince to get done with play practice so we could go out to eat.  Poppy and My Prince chose Chinese buffet.  The food was good, but the fellowship was better.  The Young Prince had a little too much fun playing with his food.  I'm pretty sure his mother taught him better than that!

*After we ate, Poppy stayed and visited with us for a while.  I was glad he was able to visit with us before having to leave for his hotel near the airport.

*We prayed together and told Poppy goodbye, and then everyone went their own way to get some things done before Aunt A comes tomorrow.

*I, too, have things to get done - a Bible study, and some cleaning, so I will sign off for now.

*Until tomorrow...


No comments: