Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016

I went upstairs and we had our family devotions.  Philippians 4:10-13.  We shared our prayer requests, and the Youngest Princess shed a few tears because a sweet elderly man in our church touched her heart, and she wanted to pray for him. We prayed and then the Youngest Princess and I read our chapter of Mandie.  She left to go to her room, and I don't remember anything after that.  I promptly fell fast asleep.

I forgot to share several "funnies" from several days.  Sometimes it is hard to remember everything that happens.  Anyway, the other day at the cheer competition, I was sitting beside the Young Prince. He leaned over and said, "Hey Mom, you know Tabernacle?"  I replied in the affirmative.  It is a school we play, and they had a squad at the competition.  "Well," he continued, "They really should be called the Golden Lampstands, you know?  It would make so much more sense.  Tabernacle Torches, it just doesn't work.  It should be Tabernacle Golden Lampstands."

Then, when we went to the mall, My Prince was ordering lunch, and the Young Prince was standing there with him when they asked My Prince for his name, the Young Prince leaned in a said, "Bart." Which is not My Princes's name.  It was just some random name the Young Prince threw out there. They came back from ordering laughing like loons.  When asked why "Bart", the Young Prince replied matter of factly,  "Well, because Bartholomew is just too long."

That boy.  There are days when he keep us in stitches.

***************

This morning I woke up feeling good.  I did my First 5.  It was really good today.  It was about how God called and equipped those who worked on building His tabernacle.  They only had to be willing to do the work.  God has called us and equipped us.  Are we willing to do what He has called us and equipped us to do?

It also pointed out that Bezalel, and Oholiab, were among the few workers who were actually listed by name.  There were many others who were not recognized by name at all.  That is something that God has been working on in my life in the past few days.  Invisibility is a word that He brought to my mind several days before, and this spoke to me because of that.  I am willing to do what He has called me to do, but am I willing to do it and be anonymous?  Am I willing to do it even if it means absolutely no recognition on my part? Am I willing to do it for nothing but God's glory?  I want to be an invisible servant.  I want to be willing to serve for God's glory alone.  Glorify. It is my word for the year. Growth. It is definitely a work in progress.

It was raining this morning, so My wonderful Prince volunteered to drive me to school so that I could get out under the awning, and not have to get wet going into the building.  He is so good to me!  It is the little things that make me happy.

We had a good day.  I have one last student that is very close to being caught up.  He is supposed to finish up tonight, and then tomorrow, we will all be back on the same step in the process, and we will continue on from here on out together. I am doing a happy dance. And in a couple of weeks, we will have our Library Research Reports completed.   Whoo hoo! Then we will all be doing a happy dance.

My Prince came and picked me up.  I got home and worked on my Exodus study and my Sunday night study.  The Young Prince came home from school IN A MOOD.  He was absolutely nuts.  He was cracking us all up.  We may have even plotted against him at one point and got him back by doing something to him that he had been doing to all of us, just to bug us.

After we had all been doing some studying, we got to work on dinner.  My Prince grilled Mojo chicken. It was fantastic.  I fixed shells and cheese, green beans, corn on the cob, and rolls to go with it.  Some of us also had salad.  It was all very good.  A nice change to eating out.

We ate dinner and the Youngest Princess went to get her shower.  The Oldest Princess, My Prince and the Young Prince were watching television, and I started work on my blog.

Poppy called and shared a prayer request.  A young man he knows named Andy from Ecuador.  The young man has a kidney disease and has been waiting for a kidney transplant.  He has been called in to the hospital because they have a possible kidney available for him.  Please join us in praying that it is a match and that everything will go smoothly.

After talking to Poppy, we went ahead and had our family devotions.  Philippians 4:14-23.  After that, we spent time in prayer for Andy and others we know are in need of prayer.  Then everyone went their separate ways, and I am finishing my blog.  Now I am off to help the Youngest Princess study for an English quiz, and then read a chapter of Mandie.  Then I might even get to sleep before 9:00 tonight!  I'm excited!

Until tomorrow...


No comments: