Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness ~ Day One

Wow! Am I ever glad that today is November 1st!
And for several reasons. Let me share a few...

1. Halloween is O.V.E.R. My spirit just does not bear witness with Halloween.
2. No more evil, scary junk in the stores.
3. No more evil, scary commercials that catch you, and your children off guard.
4. Did I mention Halloween is O.V.E.R?

Now, we can move on to my most favorite holiday of the year! Thanksgiving! It's the holiday that the retailers love to ignore, and can't wait to see go, because then starts Black Friday. I love Thanksgiving for several reasons. Let me share a few...

1. It is the one holiday that is not over commercialized.
2. It has nothing to do with getting, and everything to do with giving.
3. It is about giving thanks to God for ALL He has done.
4. It is about coming together as a family, and enjoying the blessings of the Lord.

So, with that preface, I plan to do this year on my blog what I did last year on Facebook, only in a little more detail here. I am going to post Thirty Thankful posts.
And here is today's:

Day 1

I am thankful for God. I am thankful that He is the one true and living God. That He is loving, and caring. I am thankful that He sent His son to die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins. I am thankful that because I have accepted His gift, I will live eternally in Heaven with Him. I am thankful that He hears and answers prayers. I am thankful that He never sleeps. I am thankful that He encourages us to cast our cares upon Him. I am thankful for His mercy, and His grace. Yes, He is definitely the starting point of my thankfulness, and I am extremely thankful for the God I live my life to serve and glorify!

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Day 1. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: