Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, November 11, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Eleven

Today, I am thankful for the men and women who put their lives on the line, each and every day so that we can enjoy freedom. I am also thankful for their families and the sacrifices they make while their loved ones are serving.

I am thankful that they feel strongly enough in the cause of freedom, that they would leave their homes and families in order to fight for it. I do not know what it feels like to have a loved one in the war, and to worry about them on a daily basis. I don't know what it would be like to have to take care of my children by myself while their daddy was away most of the time. I don't know what it is like to move around from place to place every few years. I have no idea what it's like to live on Army time. But I do know that I am extremely thankful for those brave people who know no other way of life: those who are called to defend and protect our country.

Yes, I am thankful that we have such wonderful sacrificial people who serve in our armed forces, and protect the country I love.

No comments: