Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Ten

Today, I am thankful for my very wonderful parents-in-love.

I am thankful for the way they raised their son who grew into the most wonderful man that I married. I am thankful for the way they welcomed me into their family with open arms and hearts of love, and treat me like one of their own.

I am thankful for their testimonies, and how they serve the Lord with all that is in them. I am thankful for the love that they have for others. I am thankful for the great amounts of spiritual strength that they both possess. I am thankful for their wisdom. I am thankful that they keep it to themselves, and are not pushy, but are ready and willing to share it with us, when we ask for it. I am thankful that they tell us often that they are proud of us, and mean it (for some reason, those few words are like a balm to my soul).

I am thankful for their sense of humor.

I am thankful for the love that they have for our children. I am thankful for the time they spend with them, and the ways they strive to make each of them feel special.

I am extremely thankful for their prayers and encouragement. I am thankful for the way they model living for the Lord, and good Christian parenting.

I am thankful for my mother-in-love's colorful personality, and for my father-in-love's humility.

I've often said that I have the perfect in-laws, and I mean it! Today, as always, I am thankful for them both!

No comments: