Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness ~ Day Two

Day Two

Habakkuk 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Today, I am thankful for salvation. I am thankful that Christ came to the earth for the express purpose of being the sacrifice for our sins. I am thankful that His death made a way for all of mankind to spend eternity in Heaven. I am thankful for the circumstances in my life that led up to my decision to accept God's gift of Salvation. Things like being born into a family that regularly attended church. All of the many people who invested in my life, and taught me Bible stories, and prayed for me. The teens that were doing the puppet show the Sunday morning, when the Gospel story actually clicked, and I went forward to pray and accept Jesus as my personal Savior. Bro. Johnny Dowell who took me through the plan of Salvation to make sure that I understood it, and then prayed with me, as I prayed to ask Jesus to be my personal Savior. That day changed my life. Following Christ was the single greatest decision I've ever made, and I have never regretted one day of the journey with Him. Yes, today I am thankful for the priceless gift of salvation.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

4 comments:

Jenilee said...

love that Hab verse! such a great one! thanks for linking up today!

Linda said...

Hi Tricia...I am thankful for my salvation too! I agree..it is the best thing in my life. I have been greatly blessed by the Lord. I have a wonderful Christian husband, and three grown daughters and 14 grandkids, but 3 of them are living in heaven. Through it all God has shown our family His faithfulness and His great love for us!

I enjoy blogging. I like to write poems. I have linked up today. Please come over for a visit! (:>)

God Bless You!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Tricia said...

Jenilee,
I am excited about the link up, and I look forward to meeting others who have linked up as well.
Thank you for your comment!

Linda,
Thank you for your sweet comments! I will definitely visit your blog. I look forward to getting to know you better as a sister in Christ :-).

The Stanfields said...

Hi Tricia! Popped over from Jenilee's party! That Habakkuk verse (along with the 2 before it) are some of my favorites! It has gotten me thru some of the valleys in life! Couldn't agree with you more... super thankful for a God of love and mercy and grace!