Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thirty days of Thankfulness - Day 20

Today, on our last Sunday there, I am thankful for Victory Baptist Church. I am thankful for the wonderful people who make up the church. I am thankful for the way they welcomed us in and loved us as if we had always been there. I am thankful for the ministry opportunities that our family had as members there. I am thankful for the friendships, that are more like family relationships, that we have made. Friendships, and relationships that will last forever. I am thankful for those who were so willing to help at a moments notice. I am thankful for those who loved me through the birth of the youngest princess, and the loss of my mother. I am thankful for those who stood with us when Satan was working hard to discourage us. I am thankful for every smile, hug, encouraging word, and most specifically, every prayer.

I am thankful for the lessons we learned as a family, and as individuals during our time at Victory. I am thankful that two of my children were baptized there.

I am thankful for the many people who invested in the lives of our children. I mean truely invested. Not just taught them, but invested their own personal time to come and watch them at some event or another, and encourage them. I am thankful for every nursery worker, Sunday School teacher, Children's Church worker, Children's choir director/helper, AWANA worker, Upward coach and volunteer, and youth worker. I am thankful for the hours you put in, and the sacrifices you make in order for the ministry to run smoothly.

I am thankful for a pastor who loves his people, and teaches them truths from the Word of God.
I am thankful for the music minister (he's my favorite), and that he worked hard to pick the right songs for each service so that the music would honor the Lord, and prepare the hearts of the people to receive God's Word.
I am thankful for those involved in our Spanish ministry, and the blessing they have been to so many souls in need.
I am thankful for those who sing in the choir, and play musical instruments, and how much their willingness to use their talents adds to each service.
I am thankful for those who do the behind the scenes things: office workers, Sunday School Superintendants, ushers, treasurers, and custodians. You all play an important part in making things run smoothly, and in reaching souls for Christ.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have served along with you all, some of the best folks in the world, for almost eight years. And although I am excited to move on to the next ministry that God has for us, I am sad that this time in our lives is coming to an end.

And on that note, I am very thankful that our new ministry is close enough that we don't have to say tearful goodbyes and be separated by long distances.

Today, I am thankful that God placed us in a little church, filled with wonderful people who love Him, and allowed us to love, laugh, and learn with them for the past eight years.

No comments: