Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 15

Today I am thankful for our home.

It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.  ~Author Unknown

I am thankful for the shelter it provides. I am thankful for the safety, love, and comfort I feel when I walk through the door. I am thankful for the possessions it holds, as each and every one of them are a blessing in and of themselves.

But most importantly, I am thankful for the life it holds. The memories of good times and bad, of joys and sorrows. The laughter and the music. The sounds of children arguing, the sounds of them working it out, and the sound of the peace that follows.

Daddy and the littlest princess dancing. Any of the children singing, or playing the piano. Football on the television. Make believe games of restaurant, and beautiful fashion shows. Nail salons and video arcades. Story times and snuggle times. Homework and Bible memorization. Quiet times and loud times...all wrapped up in a shell of boards, nails, insulation, and sheetrock. Held together with love. Lots and lots of love.

Psalms 127:1 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it:
except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Beautifully sweet!!