Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Nine

Today, I am thankful for my parents.

I am thankful that they worked hard to provide for our family. We were not rich, but we were comfortable, and we never went without anything we needed.

I am thankful that I always felt loved and accepted, wanted and needed. I felt secure, and there was no place like home.

I am thankful that we laughed, and played together. I am thankful that I was always encouraged to do my best.

I am very thankful for my parent's faithfulness to church. I am thankful that they were involved in a church that taught me the Bible, and how to apply it to my life. I am thankful that they both modeled to me how to serve in many different capacities within the church body.

I am thankful for the wisdom, and advice that they imparted to me along the way.
I am thankful that they were not perfect, but they were honest, and real.
I am thankful that they both had relationships with the Lord, and that one day I will see them again.

Today, I am very thankful for the parents that God gave me, to lead and guide me through my childhood, teen, and young adult years. They are definitely one of the biggest blessings I've ever received.

No comments: