Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 17

Today I am thankful for the Ignite Teens. They are a great group of kids that we've had the pleasure of serving for the last two years. They have been such a joy to be around! There are times when I would be very tired going in to our Ignite service, but I always came out feeling blessed and energized. I wish you all could go, and listen to them sing praises to the Lord. It blesses my heart each and every time. Tonight, knowing it was our last service with them, I just stopped singing and listened to them sing their hearts out in praise, savoring the moment, never wanting it to end.



I am thankful for the crazy times we had on Wednesday nights, all the silly skits and games. "Breaking in" the new youth room (if you were there, you will know what I'm talking about). I will never hear the word squirrel without thinking of them. I am thankful for those who found new life in Christ, by accepting him as their Savior. I am thankful for those who have grown in their spiritual lives by doing their daily quiet times and memorizing scripture.

I am thankful for all of the fun trips and activities we have wonderful memories of, including, but not limited to, Six Flags, ultimate frisbee, R.U.S.H., camp, and my all time absolute favorite - Broomball!

I am thankful for each and every one of them and how just seeing them on Sunday mornings, and Wednesday nights, made my week. I am thankful for the times just hanging out with them, and getting to know their hearts. I am thankful that God allowed our paths to cross, and each one of them to be a part of our lives. We love them dearly, and want to hear and see great things from them in the future!

3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

Ignite teens, you know the right things to do. Do them. And you know where we live. Stop by and see us from time to time, because we are always happy to see you, and we are always thankful for you.
And never forget that we LOVE you!

Oh, and by the way...how DO you say burrito in Spanish? (Sorry, Mary'l, I HAD to do it one last time!  Just because I love ya!)

No comments: