Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 16

Today I am thankful for my church families. Yes, that is families as in more than one. I have had the privilege to be a part of several churches in my life, and I am thankful for each and every one of them.

I am thankful for their unique personalities, and the valuable lessons God taught me in each one. I am thankful for the people that I have known along the way. The special relationships that have transcended time and miles.

I can't imagine what, or where I would be without the influence of some of these very special people in my life. People that I may not see for long periods of time, but when we get back together, it's as if we were never apart. People who love the Lord, and strive to serve Him daily.

I am thankful for the people who have seen us through the births of our children. I am thankful for the people who have loved me through the sicknesses and deaths of my parents. I am thankful for those who let our children call them aunt or uncle, because our family is so far away. I am thankful for those who have attended piano recitals, plays, games, and grandparent's day breakfasts as honorary grandparents.

I am thankful that God has given us an opportunity to have a new church family. And I am thankful that it is close enough for us to still see and visit with our "old" church family. I am looking forward to getting to know our new church family, and forming relationships with them as we serve the Lord together.

There is something special about sharing, caring, learning, growing, and worshipping together. It forms a bond like no other. How blessed I have been by the church families that God has allowed me to be a part of.

Psalms 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.

2 comments:

Michele Pool said...

I can't tell you how excited the Pool family is to have you guys at Thorsby!! I cannot wait to get to know each of you better and I look forward to whats to come for all of us as a church family! :)

Tricia said...

Thank you, Michelle! We are excited as well!