Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Three

Day Three

Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Prayer.  That is what I am thankful for today.  I can't even begin to imagine what I would do without it.  I love that because of Jesus' death on the cross, we have open access to the very throne room of God.  I can talk to Him any time day or night, and know that He hears, and deeply cares.

Jeremiah 29:12  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.


I know that I can talk to my Heavenly Father at any time, about anything.  I receive great comfort and peace from this knowledge.  But more importantly, I know that He will answer my prayers according to his infinite wisdom in His time and in His way.  So I know that I can take my petitions to Him, and walk away in perfect peace, because He is in total control.  What an amazing gift...the gift of prayer!  I am thankful for the privilege of prayer everyday, but wanted to share why I am thankful for it with you today.

No comments: