Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 22

Today I am thankful for teachers. I am thankful for those precious people who gave of themselves day after day, so that I could learn, and be successful in life. I am thankful for the times they made learning fun. I am thankful for the times I learned without even realizing I was learning. I am thankful for those who instilled a love for learning in me and inspired me to follow in their footsteps.

I can actually remember the moment, sitting in Mrs. Miley's 4th grade class, that I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I even remember the lesson she was teaching that day.

I am thankful for the teachers who pushed hard, and would not accept less than our best. They knew our potential, and expected us to live up to it.

I am thankful for the teachers in my children's lives. We are blessed in that they are able to attend a private Christian school. We are blessed that their teachers are all Christians, and not only care for their academic growth, but also care for their spiritual growth. I am thankful for the grace and mercy that their teachers exhibit each day.

I am thankful that they too, push my children to perform to the best of their abilities. I am thankful for the times when my children come home repeating something that they have learned, or talking about something crazy fun that their teacher did or said that day.

Yes, I am thankful for all the teachers that have touched our lives in many ways! Teachers are great people, and we have been blessed with some of the greatest teachers ever!

Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

No comments: