Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, November 7, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day Seven

Proverbs 23:19 Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.

Today I am thankful for the Young Prince.


I am thankful that even though he had a rough beginning, he is now a healthy young man.
I am thankful that he is 100% all boy, who loves sports, hunting, being outdoors, and building things. He can draw anything he wants. He is crazy creative when it comes to solving problems and making things work.


He is a typical little brother, and a great big brother.  He is fun loving and crazy.  He is an awesome son, and he makes me very proud. He is tenderhearted and kind. He is honest, and loving. He has a sensitive heart for the things of the Lord. He has a huge burden to see others come to know the Lord as he does.


This past week, his football team won the State Championship. Quite a big deal. But, because he is the youngest on the team, and small compared to the other boys, he didn't get a lot of playing time. From the third quarter to the end of the championship game every time I saw him on the sideline, he was pointing up. When I asked him later what he was doing, he said, "I was just giving God the glory, Mom.". Later one of the older boys on the team told my husband that the Young Prince was the one that kept everyone focused on God throughout the season. To me, to hear that is better than if he had played every second of every game. He may not have gotten a medal, and extra recognition on Friday night, but I have no doubt that his reward awaits in heaven.


I love him dearly, and can not be thankful enough for him. He is serving the Lord with his whole heart now, and I pray he will continue to do so in the future. I am very thankful for my middle child and only son.

No comments: