Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness -Day 18

     “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
 Aaron Siskind

Today, I am thankful for photographs.

I am thankful for pictures of family members...those who lived before me, so that I can see what they were like, and who resembles who. I love looking at those old pictures and wondering what was going on in their immediate surroundings, in their minds, and in their hearts at the moment the picture was taken.

I am thankful for pictures that hold precious memories of times past. Things that I would have forgotten by now if someone had not captured the moment on film.

I am thankful for digital photography, and being able to see the pictures I take immediately. I am thankful that I can know wether the picture "turned out" or not.

I am thankful for pictures of my mom and dad...so very important to me now.

I am thankful for pictures of my family...they are my favorite subjects.

I am thankful for posed pictures, and silly pictures. I am thankful for individual pictures and group pictures. I am thankful for pictures of places and events.

I am thankful for being able to capture moments in time, and preserve them for now, and for the future.
I think a picture is worth way more than just a thousand words.

No comments: