Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 29

Today I am thankful for little things, and for more than enough.

Little things like:
The words, "I love you"
Toothbrushes
Small surprises
A text from a friend
Technology
The chance to help someone
A compliment
My husband warming my side of the bed
Warm towels straight out of the dryer
Hugs from my children
Phone calls from family members
Something that makes me laugh
A listening ear


More than enough:
Blankets on my bed on a cold night
Warm clothes in my closet
Food on my plate
Books on our bookshelf
Love in our home
Friends
Wonderful memories
Of God's loving grace and mercies

Yes, I am thankful for the little things, and the things that we have more than enough of. Things that some people go a lifetime without. Things that I often take for granted, but would miss dearly if they were gone.

One of my favorite authors, Karen Kingsbury has adopted several boys from Haiti. I remember her telling that before they were adopted, those boys would get so hungry, that they would actually eat mud pies, just to ease the hunger pains, so that they could sleep. I can not imagine being that desperate, because I am blessed beyond measure. Today I have nothing to complain about, and everything to be thankful for.

No comments: