Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 30

Wow! It's day 30! I am almost sad to see this day come! I have really enjoyed posting a blog a day about thankfulness. I hope you have enjoyed reading them as well. I hope you have been challenged to be thankful for new things maybe you had never thought about being thankful for before. I am thrilled at those of you who joined me in the thirty days of thankfulness challenge. I have really enjoyed reading your thankful posts and blogs. They have been a blessing to me.

Seriously, thirty days doesn't even scratch the surface when it comes to things we should be thankful for. We are so blessed!

So, today, for my last Thirty Days of Thankfulness post, I guess I will say that among countless other things, I am thankful that I was born and raised in America.

I am thankful that I have had electricity, central heat and air, running water and indoor plumbing every day of my life.

I am thankful that if I wanted something I didn't have, I could get in a car and drive to the store and get it.

I am thankful that I can pick up my Bible and read it without fear of persecution.
I am thankful I can share what I've learned from that Bible with others without fear of persecution.
I am thankful that I can choose where to send my children to school.
I am thankful that I can come and go freely when and where I want to go.
I am thankful that I can protect myself and my family.
I am thankful that I can vote for the official of my choice.
I am thankful that I am free to choose the church where I worship.

I am thankful that I do not know what true poverty is. I am thankful that although I may not be wealthy by the world's standards, I am rich beyond all measure in the things that really count. All because God is gracious, loving, and kind and bestows on me blessings that I could never earn, and definitely do not deserve.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

No comments: