Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 21

Today, I am thankful for my friends.
Old and new
Past and present
Near and far away

I am thankful that God in His great wisdom allowed us to meet, and share important seasons of our lives together. Each of you have added something special to my life, that only you could give at that point in time, and I am very thankful for you.

And as I was going through my Facebook list, and being thankfull for each of you, I realized, several things:

My oldest, as in friends I have known the longest, would be several of you that I have known since first grade.

My youngest, would be some of the students in our school.

My friend that is the fartherest away, is in Australia, although I also have friends in Canada, Germany, and the Dominican Republic, as well as spread across the United States.

My closest geographically would be my next door neighbor.

There are many of you that I know because we went to church together.

Some of you are friends from elementary, middle or high school (and in some cases, all three).

Some of you are college friends.

Some of you were/are co-workers.

Some of you are my students, or teens.

Some of you are relatives.

Some of you are relatives of relatives.

Some of you I see every day.

Some of you I see once or twice a year.

Some of you I haven't seen in years.

But my life is richer, fuller, and more wonderful because of each and every one of you. I love you all, and I am thankful for you today.

No comments: