Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14, 2016

It was hard to get up this morning.  I am still adjusting to the time change.  I very sleepily read the First 5 devotion.  I even dozed off several times just trying to read through it. But I eventually made it all the way through.  This morning talked about the anointing of the high priest.  At one point it talks about in part of the ordination ceremony, Moses put the blood of the slaughtered ram on Aaron's right earlobe, his right thumb and his right big toe.  I thought the choice of places was very interesting.  This was to signify that Aaron was consecrated from head to toe.  Everything he heard (his ear), everything he did (his thumb), and everywhere he went (his toe), were all consecrated and used for a higher calling, or a higher standard of ethics.  We, too, are priests according to 1 Peter 2:9.  We, too, should consecrate ourselves and be very careful that what we hear, what we do, and where we go, are all led by the Holy Spirit Who lives in us.

The rest of the morning went as usual.  The Youngest Princess and I prayed for our day on our way to school.  The Youngest Princess prayed first, and almost brought me to tears with her sweet prayer thanking God for her family and her freedom.  We enjoyed the beauty of a peach tree orchard in bloom that we passed on our way.  I love to see the peach trees in bloom.  The blooms don't last long, but they are beautiful while they last.  So we made sure to enjoy their beauty this morning, and to thank God for making such beauty for us to enjoy.

School was good.  We were able to get everything done before Fine Arts practice, but we were not able to read Josiah today.  It was about as normal a day as is possible.  We learned about homonyms today in language.  That was fun.  One of my students had a "lightbulb" moment, and I LOVE it when that happens.

After school, the Young Prince, the Youngest Princess and I came home.  The Oldest Princess was already home.  My Prince came home shortly after us.  He took the Oldest Princess to get her Junior/Senior Banquet Dress hemmed, and I stayed home and helped the Youngest Princess with her homework and some studying.  My Prince and the Oldest Princess came home with dinner.  I ate dinner quickly and then the Oldest Princess and I left to go help to set up for our association's VBS clinic.  My Prince, the Young Prince and the Youngest Princess joined us a little while later.  I helped to decorate My Princes's room, and then helped to do a little decorating in the auditorium.  We also helped my friend a little in her room.

We came home and I started working on my blog.  The kids are snacking and watching tv.  My Prince is ready to do family devotions, so I am going to go. After that, we will get some rest.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: