Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

March 8, 2016

I woke up this morning, and did my First 5.  Today it was about the sin offering.  Here are a few really good points: "The sin offering wasn't for deliberate sins of disobedience.  This offering was for an unintentional sin, a sin of ignorance or error.  Once a person realized their guilt, they had to confess their sin and present the prescribed offering.

They didn't just come with the animal, drop it off at the door and say to the priest, "I'm sorry.  Here is my sacrifice."

No, The person had to bring the perfect animal to the tabernacle, stand in the presence of the priest, put their hands on the animal's head and confess their sin.  Symbolically, the person's sin was transferred to the animal.  But they still were not finished.  Next, the person was required to kill the animal by slitting its throat.  The sinner had to slaughter the animal..."

"While we no longer have to shed the blood of animals to receive forgiveness for sin, we should still somberly consider the blood of Jesus that was shed for our sins on the cross."

Whew!  That is strong stuff!  And all of that was for an unintentional sin!  I am very thankful that Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice, and that we don't have to slaughter animals today!

There was another bird, this time in the backyard, singing his praises to the Lord this morning.  Their happy songs bring joy to my heart!

It was a good day at school.  We finished early to accommodate for our changed schedule.  Then as some of the groups were practicing for fine arts, the rest were working on doing homework, and getting more work done on their Library Research Reports.  I think at least half of them got their final draft done!  Yay!  We are almost done!  There is excitement in the air! AND...I finally became a cartoon!  I have been waiting for this day for a LONG time!  And it came when I least expected it, and it made me very happy!  Have I told you that I have awesome students?

It was a beautiful day, and I was really feeling the need for some exercise.  So on the way home I told the Youngest Princess that we should go to the park and walk.  She got VERY excited.  As soon as we got home she changed her clothes and was ready to go.  My Prince came home and said he would go with us.  Sunshine, fresh air, and a brisk walk were just what we needed.

The Young Prince stayed home, and the Oldest Princess went with the Gray Ghost to get some dinner and ice cream.

We got home from our walk, and the Oldest Princess and the Gray Ghost came in shortly after us.  He stayed and visited a little while.  My Prince was able to talk to his parents on the telephone and catch up with them.

The Oldest Princess worked on homework.  We ate dinner and just hung out and spent time together.

And now, we are going to have family devotions and call it a night.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: