Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7, 2016

It was 2:00 a.m., and I was wide awake.  It wasn't the dogs that woke me up.  It wasn't a train.  It wasn't even the noise that comes from the industrial plant near us.  It was completely silent.  I have no idea why I was wide awake, but I was.  Usually, when I wake up in the middle of the night like that, God puts someone on my heart to pray for.  So, I prayed for the people that came to my mind.  After praying, I still could not go back to sleep, so I pinned a few pins on Pinterest.  By then, I was getting heavy eyed, and finally fell back to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later, and did my First 5.  It was about the fellowship offering.  It was an offering of thanksgiving.  We, too, need to remember to give thanks for the sacrifice that Jesus made so that we might have peace with God. Peace with God is a precious thing, and not to be taken lightly.

School was pretty good.  Our schedule has changed a bit due to a fine arts competition that is coming up, so the students will have time to practice.  And even with the change, we were able to get things done and even read a little of our Josiah book. We are one day closer to them finishing their Library Research Reports!  Most of the students started on their final copy today.  In class the rest of the week we will work on the little technical things, and on Friday, they will turn them in.  Yay! I love it when they see the finished product and see how much they can accomplish one little step at a time.  It is exciting to them and to me. I got an unexpected text from a friend that really brightened my day.

After school I came home and rested for a few minutes before we began cooking dinner.  The Youngest Princess cut her foot on a toy while doing a flip in the toy room.  I had her go up and wash her foot so that I could put a band-aid on it.  Meanwhile, my friend text me, and I was trying to return her text.  The Oldest Princess was upstairs working on a school project.  The Young Prince was outside enjoying the beautiful day by playing a little basketball.

We ate dinner, and watched a television show.  I texted a few people who had been on my heart.  I also texted/teased back and forth with my brother off and on for a little while.

My Prince and I went to the church for our monthly prayer meeting.  It was a little discouraging to see how few people came, but as always, God's hand was in it all.  Marc and another man prayed together, and I was able to visit with, and share some of my personal burdens with one of our precious ladies.  Then we prayed together.  This month we were focusing on North American Missions, so we prayed for some of our North American Missionaries by name.  I love getting to read their stories and know more about their specific ministries, so that we can pray more specifically for their needs.  I love having the privilege to partner with them in prayer.  I got a phone call, but did not answer it, thinking I would call the friend back in a few minutes, after the prayer meeting was over.

Afterward, we talked with my sweet friend for a while.  It is amazing what people are going through when you just take a minute or two to listen to their stories.  I hate it that life is so hurried that we don't really have/take the time to get to know one another any more.  My Prince shared some encouragement, verses and some resources with her, and we prayed with her.  It was a special time of fellowship, and I am thankful to the Lord for orchestrating it.

My Prince and I made our daily run to DG a local store on our way home to pick up a few things we needed at the house and a couple of things the girls needed for upcoming school projects.  My phone battery was running low, so I thought I would make that return phone call while I could before my battery died.  When my friend answered, I could tell everything was not okay.  She went on to tell me that her life had changed drastically in one day.  My heart broke for her.  There was not much I could say except that I would be praying for her, and I would do anything I could to help her.  

We returned home, and loved on all our kids.  I started my blog and then realized it would be a longer one than usual, so I stopped, and we did our family devotions.  I Thessalonians 1:6-10.  We talked about how they received the Word, and turned from their idols and served the one true God.  And how their testimony was known to the believers in Macedonia and Achaia.  The Young Prince closed us in prayer, and then they quickly went their own ways to get some sleep.  We decided because of the late hour that we would skip the reading of Mandie tonight. I don't know that I would have made it through the chapter.  It was long day, full of many ministry opportunities.  Many times when I needed God's wisdom and mercy and grace.  I am thankful that He works in us and through us, in spite of ourselves.  He truly is a loving, longsuffering God.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: