Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 15, 2016

I woke up this morning and did my First 5 devo.  Today it was about worship.  How they worshipped back in Leviticus, and how we worship today.  How that worship is about God, and His true worth,  it should never be about you or me.  Something that it is good to be reminded of from time to time.

School was pretty normal. A mom of one of my students sent me a funny picture this morning.  It was nice to start the day off with a smile.  We were able to get all of our work done, despite having Spring Pictures today.  We even had 10 minutes to spare and I was able to read part of a chapter of our Josiah book.  While the students were at Fine Arts practice, I was able to get a good amount of cleaning done in my room in preparation for Fine Arts day.

After school I went and had my hair colored and trimmed.  On the way home I saw two ladies that I know out walking.  They happened to be sisters.  For some reason my thoughts turned to what their conversation must be, and before I realized it, I was really missing my sister.  We have lived away from family so long, that I really am pretty used to it.  But from time to time, it hits me.  And today for some reason, it hit me hard.  I miss living near my family.  I miss having the opportunity to shop with, or go on an afternoon exercise walk with, or get together and have dinner with, my brother and sister-in-law, or my sister on a whim.  I got a little teary eyed.  I miss my family.

When I got home, My Prince had dinner ready.  He is such a wonderful man!  Tonight was the Youngest Princess's choice, and she chose chicken and rice.  And, since I had an appointment to get my hair done, My Prince went ahead and made dinner.  I am a blessed lady.  We ate dinner, and by the time we were done, it was time to get ready to go to our VBS clinic.

We got ready and went.  It was fun, but also tiring.  Our youth group did great doing the songs for everyone.  I was very proud of them.  They have worked hard, and it shows.  After the breakout classes, we helped to clean up all of the decorations, and put the rooms back into order.

Then we came home.  We had our family devotions.  The Young Prince led tonight.  My Prince wanted us all to pick a song that spoke to our hearts and then to pick a night to share our song with the family, and explain why that particular song meant something to us.  The Young Prince shared the song "You Do All Things Well", by Tenth Avenue North.  How true it is that God does do all things well.

Now, we are going to call it a day and rest up for a busy day tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: