Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

March 9, 2016

Today was a good day.  Probably the best day in at least a week. But it  was a long day, and I am very tired. So some quick highlights...

*This morning - First 5 -  The Ground is Level at the Cross.  "Jesus didn't die on the cross to save only a select few.  He gave up His life for every one of us.  We are all valuable to Him and the only reason Jesus waits to return again is so that all will come to repentance and not perish. (2 Peter 3:8-9)"

*School was good. We had awards chapel.  The Youngest Princess made the A honor roll and was one of the 4 who were within a tenth of a point of each other and was awarded top student.  Her class also did a sign language/pantomime song with sticks.  They did a great job. 

*The Young Prince's ukulele came in.  He was very excited.  He apparently has wanted one forever.  He has been serenading us pretty much ever since.  He is really good at playing it.  I wish I had a little of his musical talent.

*The Oldest Princess checked out of school early today because she was not feeling well.  I do not like it at all when one of my children gets sick.

*I tried to study, which was about like trying to climb up a slide backward, after someone has doused it with oil.  There was way too much commotion going on.  The Youngest Princess worked on her poster (and I read about 5 verses),  and then practiced her piano piece for fine arts (I re-read the same 5 verses), then practiced a new piece she is working on "just because" (then I read maybe two more verses), then she practiced "When the Saints Go Marching In" on her flute (I had to go all the way back to the beginning of the passage and start over, as I could not tell you anything I had read up until that point).  Meanwhile, My Prince and the Young Prince came in, and the Young Prince was showing me everything he had learned on his ukulele.  I gave up trying to study and ate dinner. 

*Church was good.  I love getting to see and talk to people I love, who are of like mind and are doing their best to live for Jesus every day.  It encourages my heart more than I can say.  It is very special  to share our burdens with each other and to pray for one another.

*After Church, My Prince had a deacon's meeting, and I came home and got started on my blog.  When he gets home, we will have family devotions, read Mandie and go to bed.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: