Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, March 4, 2016

March 4, 2016

It was a pretty normal morning, except My Prince had to leave by 7:00, which left us getting ready for the most part without him.  We did pretty good, and most of us got out of the door and to school on time.

When I got to school, one of my students had a little surprise for me.  It was a small hedgehog with lip gloss in it.  It is very cute!  I love it!

We had a lockdown drill this morning.  My kids did a great job!  They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

After that, it was business as usual.  We learned about Ezra.  We divided fractions.  We reviewed vocabulary.  We read one of my favorite stories.  We worked on our second drafts of our library research papers. We took our spelling test.  We took our history exam.  We read about and took notes on our circulatory system.  We practiced our penmanship.  I graded spelling tests and history exams.  And by then, it was time to go home.

The Oldest Princess left from school to go with some of her friends to a movie and dinner.  The Youngest Princess and I went home.  The Young Prince came home with hopes of plans of his own.  He wanted to go camping with some of his friends.  My Prince and I had plans to attend an appreciation dinner/concert at the church, and I needed him to watch the Youngest Princess.  When My Prince got home, he told me that we could take the Youngest Princess with us.  So, we told the Young Prince that he could go camping.  The Youngest Princess did not want to go to the dinner/concert with us.  So, I texted a friend of mine whose daughter is a friend of the Youngest Princess.  I asked if it would be okay if the Youngest Princess hung out with them, while we went to the dinner/concert.  She said yes, and that it would even be okay if she wanted to spend the night.  Of course, she wanted to spend the night.

I spent a little time doing my Exodus study, and then I got ready for the dinner/concert.  We took the Youngest Princess to our friends' house, and then we went to the church.

When we got there, one of my favorite people in the world asked me if I would mind helping to serve.  They were short a person, and she needed my help.  I told her of course I would help.  It was an honor to me that she asked my help.  I enjoyed serving in the line and getting to see people come through.  I enjoyed getting to help.  As long as I don't have to cook anything, we are all good.  If they start asking me to cook, we might be in trouble.

After serving, My Prince and I and several other friends of ours ate dinner.  After dinner, we went to the auditorium for the concert.  The singer was a lady I had grown up listening to.  Well, I grew up listening to her family, as she was a little younger than I.  It was good to see her and see what she has become.  It was a good concert.  And I may or may not have cried through a couple of her more touching songs.  One of the things I loved about her family's songs as I was growing up was that they sang about real life.  She has continued that tradition, and I am glad.

The Oldest Princess got home about the time the concert finished.  I told her to come to the church.  I wanted her to meet the singer.  We stood and talked for a long time after the concert, waiting for the singer to finish talking to everyone else and selling her CDs.

I enjoyed the fellowship of just standing around talking.  It was fun.  The singer came through and we were able to introduce her to the Oldest Princess.  She had to be on her way pretty quickly, because she was traveling by herself and needed to get going before it got too much later.

We left after she did.  At home, we watched a little television, while I worked on the blog.  Now that I am done, we will have our devotions and get some rest.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: