Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 7, 2016

Last night after the Youngest Princess finished her shower, she came downstairs to talk to My Prince and I.. She told us that she needed to tell us something that made her feel better.  She said that she had gone upstairs and had an attitude with her brother about something.  She had gotten mad and stomped away.  She had also had an attitude with her sister.  She said she was thinking about it while she was in the shower, and she felt bad about the way she had acted.  So she prayed about it, and she felt like she needed to apologize to her brother and sister.  She told us that she had gone to both of them and apologized.  She said that they had both forgiven her, and she felt "SO much better!"  She also then told us that she was sorry if she had had a bad attitude with us, or if she had not been quick to obey us.  She asked our forgiveness.  Then she asked us to please let her know if she had an attitude or was slow to obey in the future. (Oh, honey, never fear.  Be sure I will let you know!)  It was really sweet though.  I am thankful that she has a tender heart, and that she listened to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

We went upstairs to read our Mandie chapter, and I had to keep her awake on the last page because she was so sleepy.

***************

This morning My Prince woke me up on his way to "work out".  I say it with quotes today, because I'm not really sure how much working out he and his sidekick actually got done this morning.

I did my First 5, and was reminded that "When we doubt we have what it takes for us to do what God calls us to do, we are doubting His creation abilities.  He knew from the beginning of time what He would call you to do and therefore how you would need to be formed.  God does everything with purpose and precision." - Lysa Terkeurst  What a good reminder when I start listening to (and believing) Satan's whisper that I am not enough.  Or that I have no talents that God can use.  God made me exactly like He wanted, so that I can do what He has called me to do.

School went well.  The students are getting back into the swing of things.  They are back to their chatty selves.  Questions by the gajillions.  Things like, "So, if you had a giant bucket of water, could you pour it on the sun and put it out?"  They have been assigned books for an upcoming book report, and the last 15 minutes of the day, I had them read their books.  The silence was nice.  I'm pretty sure that the person who coined the phrase "silence is golden" was an elementary school teacher, with children of her own.

We got home from school, and the Youngest Princess wanted me to help her go over her vocabulary words, and listen to her practice the piano, and listen to her practice her flute, and watch her practice her cheers, and ask me a million questions of her own.   Help!  I just needed a few minutes in which I was not needed!  Just a few minutes of golden silence in which I was not needed.  If the kids get quiet, the dogs bark.  Maybe I need some of those earphones that block out all the noise, and 15 minutes to enjoy silence?  Granted, some days are worse than others.  And today was one of the worse days.  But I prayed for patience and tried my best to listen, love, and be there for my sweet little girl.  Just because I have had a rough day does not mean that I can take a break from being a mommy.

I also found out that I got a juror summons today.  It is my first juror summons ever.  It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

We had only about an hour and a half window of time between school and heading back to the school for the games, so we called a local restaurant for a take out order for dinner.  I wish I had planned a crockpot meal.  I need to do better at planning ahead so we do not have to eat out so much.

The Oldest Princess ran home and french braided the Youngest Princess's hair for me.  I really appreciate her doing that, because a french braider I am not.

We ate dinner and I changed into some jeans and a sweatshirt and we headed back to the school.

The school we were playing ran late and so it made the games late.  By the time we got there for the JV boys game, the JV girls game had just gotten started.  So we got to sit through a bonus game.  And by the time that game was over and our three games were played it was 10:00 p.m. before we got home.

There is a couple at our church that are our good friends.  He is an alumni of the school we were playing.  They came to the games tonight.  It was fun having them there.  We enjoyed our extra time of fellowship with them.  The Oldest Princess has a friend that came to watch her play and cheer as well.  The JV boys won their games, but the rest of the games did not go so well.  And after a few days of getting back into our routine, and long days at school, plus games and church at night, the kids are exhausted.  The Young Prince did not sleep well at all last night, so he is especially exhausted and of course upset over the night's loss.  I am praying that he gets a really good night's rest tonight and wakes up feeling refreshed in the morning.  I guess I should pray that for all of us, because we all need it.  My Prince is upstairs talking to the Young Prince now.  The Oldest Princess is working on homework, and the Youngest Princess is getting ready for bed.  As soon as we all get settled, we will have our devotions and head to bed.

Lord willing, see you tomorrow...

No comments: