Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18, 2016

It sure was nice to have an extra day off.  It meant that we got to have a slow morning.  I woke a little later than I do for school days.  I took my time and read my First 5 devotion.  The Youngest Princess slept with me last night because she begged her daddy to let her.  So after I finished my devotion, I just laid and looked at my baby, and spent some time thanking God for her and for what a blessing she is.  I love to pray for my children while they sleep.

I got up while everyone else was asleep and did my Exodus study.

The Youngest Princess was barking like a seal when she woke up.  We stuck her head in the freezer and let her breathe in the cold air to help open up her passageways.  It never fails that she gets croupy when there is a change in the weather.  After just a few minutes she was breathing fine again.

My Prince made pancakes for breakfast.  He got creative this morning, and made the pancakes in the shape of the letters of the Youngest Princess's name.  She thought it was fantastic.

We had a nice relaxing day. I cleaned a little, straightened up a little, watched a little television with the Youngest Princess, graded journals, and just enjoyed hanging out with My Prince and the Youngest Princess.

We started dinner so that it would be ready about the time the oldest kids got home.

Before we knew it, the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince were due home from their conference. So we left to meet them at the church.  It was good to see everyone and to hear some of their stories. It was great to see the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince.  I really missed them while they were gone.

We came home and ate dinner. It was so nice for us all to be back together again.  All of my chickens back in the nest.  Of course they had stories from the weekend that they wanted to share, and we loved hearing all about it.

After dinner, we dug out the old pictures and started trying to pick out pictures for the Oldest Princess's video that they will use during the Junior/Senior banquet.  She needed 15 to 25 pictures. How in the world do you take 18 years of tons of pictures and condense it down into one to two pictures per year? It is hard! Very hard to pick out 15 to 25 favorites when you have hundreds upon hundreds to choose from.  But I think we finally got it done.

While I was neck deep in pictures, my sister called.  I waited until we were done and called her back. We talked for about an hour.  It was good to be able to catch up with her.

We did our family devotions and prayer time. All of us back together again.  It's been several nights since that has happened and it was nice.

Then Oldest Princess and I talked for a few minutes.

Now, the kids are getting everything ready for school tomorrow, and then the Youngest Princess and I have a Mandie date.  Then to get some rest.  Tomorrow is back to our crazy schedule.

Until then...

No comments: