Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12, 2016

Today has been pretty much as normal a day as a day can be.  School went well.  My students continue to do a super job.  I am very proud of the way they have come back from Christmas break and have worked so hard.

The Youngest Princess dropped her hamburger at lunch and got upset over it.  Thankfully she also had some chicken fingers so she did not have to go hungry.  Not that she would have had to go hungry anyway, because our lunch ladies are wonderful, and understand that from time to time kids have accidents and drop their food.  She just seemed to overreact.  I think, well, I know she is just overly tired.

At the end of the day, my students finished everything, including written homework assignments, so I was able to read the last few chapters of our current Josiah book.  We have finished book number  3.  Now on to book 4!  Hopefully we will be able to finish all 7 before the end of the year.  I love that the kids love the books, and I love that the books teach them important truths about their Christian walk.  The book we just finished was about sharing the Gospel with others.  It is our responsibility to share the Gospel with as many people as we can, but it is their responsibility as to whether or not they accept it.  In the book, some do and some don't, just as it is in real life.  The kids learn this truth through the book.  The next book is about having a heart that is totally surrendered to the Lord.

At the end of the day, we even had about 20 minutes for the students to play with Legos and I had brought some card games in the event that we did not have PE or Band again, so I was able to teach some of my students my all time favorite card game, Dutch Blitz.  It was a hit, and I promised we would do it again the next time we have time.

It was wonderful to come straight home and have no where to go!  I started a load of laundry, got into some warm comfy clothes, and sat down at the table to work on my study of Exodus.  The Youngest Princess did some reading and some studying.  The Oldest Princess and the Young Prince came home and got busy doing what they needed to do.  The Oldest Princess working on homework, the Young Prince getting ready to go back to the school.  There was a family revival tonight, and the music director asked the Young Prince to go and play his guitar during the song service.  I think that he may have played with the high school worship team when they sang as well.

We found out that Grammy made it safely to her destination, and we were very thankful for her safe travels.

The Oldest Princess and I had a couple of good conversations in the middle of our studying.  She made a very mature decision that made me proud.  It always makes me happy when my children show that they have thought through certain decisions.  She thought this one through, and even though the other decision would not have been wrong, she chose the wiser of the two.  I love it when my children chose wisely.

She also shared something that had happened at school today that did not make me happy.  I know that we can not totally shelter our children from the world.  I know that we have to live in the world.  But I also know that God has called us to be separate from the world.  I know that it is possible to live a solid, God honoring, Christian life, and to stay as far away from sin as possible.  It is my prayer that the other Christian influences in their lives would encourage the same.  Unfortunately, that is not always the case.  So, we turn it into a life lesson, and we talk about how the same situation could have been handled better as Christians who are called to be in this world, but not of this world.  It IS possible.  Sometimes it takes a little more effort, but it IS possible.

The Youngest Princess spent some time watching television, and practicing her piano.  Luxuries that she is not always afforded with our crazy schedule.  

My Prince, the Youngest Princess and I watched a little TV together.

We did our family devotions without the Young Prince, because he was at the revival service and I was not sure how late it would be before he got home.  I did not want to make the Youngest Princess get in bed late yet again.

Now the Youngest Princess and I are headed to read our chapter and get into bed early tonight.  Yay!

Until tomorrow...

No comments: