Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Last year, I read something that encouraged people to come up with a one word theme for the new year.  I am not a resolution maker, so that resonated with me.  I really liked the idea.  Yet, I never went so far as to come up with my word.

Recently, I was reminded again, of the one word theme.  As I thought about what I would like for my one word once again, I got caught up in the fact that I couldn't pick just ONE word.  Actually two words kept running circles in my head, and both of them were what I would say I want for my life in the year 2016.

Then I decided that just because someone else had ONE word, and suggested that to the world, did not mean that I had to stick to just one word.  So, I choose two words for 2016.  Two words that are of equal importance in my life right now.  Two words that the Lord has laid on my heart.  Two words that I will keep at the forefront of my mind, and try to implement into my life each and every day.

My first word is: GLORIFY.  I want my life to daily glorify God.  I want my life to point others to Him.  I want Him to be the one who receives all the glory, because He is the only one deserving of glory.

1 Corinthians 6:20 "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." - It is a command.

Revelation 15:4 "Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name?  for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest." - He is holy and the only one worthy to be glorified.

James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is not variableness, neither shadow of turning." - Everything good comes from God alone, so He deserves the glory for all good that happens.

My second word is: GROW.  I want to grow to be more and more like my Lord and Savior every day.  Some days may be successful.  Some days I may just take itty bitty baby steps.  And some days may be complete utter failures (at which point I am so glad that His mercies and compassion are new every morning). But each day, I will strive to learn something new about my Lord, and strive to be more and more like Him.  I hope to look back at this time next year, and see significant growth in my spiritual life.

So, there it is.  My two word theme for 2016 :  Glorify and Grow.  Have you heard of this one word theme?  Have you picked a word for your life for the new year?  If so, I would love to hear what word you picked.  If you haven't picked a word, and you feel like maybe this is something you would like to do, then pick a word, and share it with someone who can pray for you, help you stay focused, and encourage you to follow through with it.  I am excited.  And a little bit nervous.

One more thing I would like to do is to write a one year story of our lives through a blog a day this year.  We are just a normal family, facing everyday trials, receiving many more blessings and much more mercy and grace than we deserve.  I am going to try to do a blog a day for us.  For me, so I can look back and see my progress, or lack thereof.

Feel free to read as many, or as few, as you would like.  I am sure some will be long, and some will be very short.  Some days will be blog worthy, some will be downright boring.

Some days may be nothing more than a picture or two or twenty (Ya'll know I love to take pictures!).  Plus all three children received new cameras for Christmas, so I may share some of their pictures so you can see the world through their eyes from time to time.  I've been impressed with many of their pictures so far.  And I love seeing their individual creativity.  Maybe you will too.

Some days you might catch a glimpse of your own family in our struggles and triumphs.  Some days you may think we live on a different planet than the one you live on.  To me, that is the fun of it all.

Most days I will post in the evening, some days really late. It all depends on our crazy schedule that changes from day to day.  Very little routine here, as you walk through this year with us, you will see.
Some days, I may not be able to post at all.  But I am going to try my best not to miss many days.

This year will bring big changes for us.  The oldest princess will graduate.  The young prince will start his Senior year.  The youngest princess will move up into my class.  We have an exciting family trip planned that the oldest princess and I have dreamed of for several years.

I am looking forward to it, and to sharing it with you!

Love and Prayers for you all in the New Year!  Happy 2016!

No comments: