Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 6, 2016

I forgot to mention that my wonderful friend and coworker made me a new shirt, and that I wore it to the games last night!  I love it, and I can't believe that I forgot to mention it.  Anyway, it has our last name on the back, on the front it has the word LOVE, with the O being a basketball and the V being a megaphone with a pompom beside it. On one sleeve is the Oldest Princess's name and uniform number, on the other sleeve is the Young Prince's name and uniform number, and in the L is the Youngest Princess's name (no number for cheerleading).  Anyway, I was a proud mom sporting my sparkly new shirt at last night's games.

***************

It was one of those "blink and it's over" nights.  I laid my head on the pillow and closed my eyes, and it was time to wake up.  It went by way too fast!

Laying there trying to wake up, I clicked on my First 5 app.  Whew!  There was some good stuff in there again today!  My body may have been tired, but my soul was wide awake!

I want to share some of my favorite parts with you.  The words in parenthesis are mine...

    "Moses has been in exile hiding from Pharaoh for 40 years.  Now God wants him to return.  No doubt this former man-of-action had his confidence shaken.  He probably felt like a forgotten failure (have you ever been there?  I have!).  This is an important reminder for us.  We are never forgotten in the wilderness of our lives.  God is often preparing our character to match our calling.
    God doesn't build Moses up.  Instead, God simply says that He's going with Moses.  When God wants to give us confidence, He doesn't applaud our gifts.  He affirms His Presence. (Did you get those last four sentences?  Read them again and let them sink in deep.)  This entire dialogue with Moses reminds us that who we are isn't nearly as important as who He is.  (That is WAY GOOD STUFF right there!)
    The patriarchs of the faith knew God by a part of His indescribable character.  Now God promises His presence by revealing that He will be everything to Moses and Israel that they will ever need.  This is huge. It's not that He will provide everything they need.  He will do that certainly.  The provision comes from His very presence with them!
    His almighty power of deliverance.
    His miraculous control over nature and creation
    His divine protection through the desert.
    All of God's majestic glory would be on display and available to Israel because He is their ALL.  Moses didn't get a demonstration of God's might, he was promised God's very being.
    "I AM."
    Yes, who we are isn't nearly as important as who He is."  - Whitney Capps

Whew!  That is GOOD STUFF!   It definitely spoke to my soul this morning!  I hope that it speaks to yours, too.  It also made me excited because I knew that tonight we were going to finish up a Bible Study, and begin a new one on...Exodus!  Whoo hoo!  I can't wait to dig deeper into God's Word and find out what else it holds for me!  God is awesome, and His timing is perfect!

We got ready for, and made it to school without any major mishaps.  And overall, it was another good day.  I had a fun activity planned (an idea I found on Pinterest) to teach the phases of the moon using Oreos.  I did it last year, and the kids loved it, so I was looking forward to doing that. We did it and I think the kids enjoyed it.  I know they enjoyed eating the Oreos after we were finished with the lesson.  We were also able to get ahead a little on tomorrow night's homework, since there is a pretty heavy load that falls on tomorrow night, and there are more ballgames tomorrow night.  So I encouraged them to get started on in in their extra time, while I read another chapter of our "Josiah" book to them.   They were relieved to see how yesterday's cliff hanger worked out.

I found out some heartbreaking news about one of my good high school friends.  Her husband passed away in his sleep.  Leaving her with three beautiful children.  They have been in my thoughts and prayers since I found out earlier today.  Please join me in praying for this family.  I know they must be shocked and very devastated.   And meanwhile, let those you love know that you love them.  Tell them.  Give them an extra hug.  Put down your phone and have a heart to heart conversation with them while you look them straight in the eyes.  Let them know how important they are to you.  None of us are promised tomorrow.  Our next breath belongs to God.  Love people while you can, because we never know when God may call them home. Life is too precious for us to be upset at one another over small, petty things.  Let it go and love while you can!

My Prince fixed dinner for us.  Chicken and Rice.  It was very good.  It is one of the Youngest Princess's favorites.  She was very excited on the way home from school when we told her that was what was for dinner.

The Oldest Princess and the Young Prince left before we did to go to church, because they have Praise Team practice.  I helped the Youngest Princess go study her spelling words and My Prince took a quick nap.

Church (small group) was good, even if two of our group members did not show up...y'all know who you are!!  No, really, they both had very good reasons to not be there.  One had a sick baby, and one was moving her daughter into a new apartment for college.  They were both missed greatly.  I am ready for the holiday craziness to be over and for us all to be back together again.  I miss us being all together!  Anyway, we wrapped up the study that we have been doing, and tomorrow starts our inductive study of Exodus.  I am very excited to get started on it.

After church, I had a few minutes to talk to one of the ladies in our church that I love getting to talk to.  She is always so sweet and encouraging.  She shared with me a way that God spoke to her through a beautiful sunrise.  I love it when God speaks through His creation.  I love it when God speaks in any way.  I love it when we are not too busy, or too distracted to pay attention to when God speaks.  I think He speaks way more often than we give Him credit for, but we are often just too distracted to hear Him.

When we got home the Oldest Princess got started on her homework, and I worked on my blog while we cooked pizza rolls for a snack and waited on My Prince to get home from a meeting.  When My Prince did get home, we gathered for family devotions.  We read Proverbs chapter 6, and prayed for many of the people the Lord has laid on our hearts to pray for.

When devotion time was over, the kids scattered to lay out their things for tomorrow, and to get ready for bed.  And I too am ready to cuddle with the Youngest Princess, read Mandie and call it a day. Lord willing, until tomorrow...

No comments: