Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2016

Some good points from my First 5 devotions this morning:

"Often after a miraculous experience we encounter a time of testing."

"God demonstrates His faithfulness in the desert just as He does on the mountaintop.  He is more than worthy of our commitment."

Good thoughts to start my day off!

It was a normal morning.  My Prince drove me to work because it was raining, and he spoils me. If he drives us, he can drop us off under the metal overhang.  If I drive, I have to get out in the rain after I park.  I have a good man.  He makes my heart smile!

School was pretty normal too.  Lessons were learned.  Tests were taken.  Papers were graded.  We finished early (maybe because I was secretly hoping the snow would come a little farther south than predicted and that we would be able to go home a little early, and I wanted to have everything finished if that should be the case).  But I brought along our brand spanking new DVD of Woodlawn to watch if we did finish early.  So we filled the extra time watching Woodlawn.  Of course we did not get to see the whole thing, as it is two hours and three minutes long, and we didn't finish THAT early.   But we did get to see some of it.  And, we were interrupted when someone opened the door and announced, "It's snowing!!!"  Although snow flurries would be a better way to describe it. But then of course the kids were all excited and antsy.  And almost as soon as it started, it ended. Then by the time we left, it was sputtering snow again.  Exciting times for kids in the south.  On the way home, My Prince and I discussed how we are glad that God has us in the South.  I don't think I would be very good at living where they have serious snow that lasts longer than a day or two.

We got home and our first order of business was to get warm.  The Young Prince got home shortly after we did.  The Youngest Princess had cheer practice and the Oldest Princess went with a couple of friends and their volleyball/cheer coach to get some ice cream. I know. It is WAY TOO COLD for ice cream.  I'm guessing it was much more about the fellowship than it was the ice cream.

We got home and the Young Prince went out to feed the dogs.  He came back in afterward and said,"Aye, Lassie! The tempest is upon us!"  Crazy kid!  Then he got under his electric blanket with his stash of beef jerky and watched a couple of episodes of Finding Bigfoot, while he could, before his sisters got home.

At one point he asked me to come there.  He wanted me to watch a commercial.  It is now my favorite commercial.  It totally made my day.  It is about moms, and squirrels in the attic.  And if you really know me, you know that is "where I live" right now.  Our squirrel saga continues.  One day, hopefully very soon, I will be able to say we are squirrel free.  But that day is unfortunately not today. When that day does come, believe me, you will know, because I will be proclaiming it for all to hear.

I used the quiet time to study my Exodus study.

My Prince braved the cold to go and get the Youngest Princess from cheer practice.  She came home all excited about the snow, and running around to get packed for the sleepover that she was going to about an hour later.

My Prince left to pick up pizza (I opted for soup instead) for our cold, snowy, winter evening at home, movie night.  And he had to go to Walmart to buy a television for one of the Sunday School classes to use.

I did some things around the house.  The Young Prince and the Youngest Princess ventured outside to play for a few minutes.  They didn't stay out long.  It was way too cold out there.

The Oldest Princess came home and was home for about five minutes before the Youngest Princess was picked up by her friend's mom to go to the sleepover.  The Oldest Princess had a good time of fellowship, and eating ice cream.  Her coach has been a huge blessing and encouragement in her life. I am very thankful for her, and her heart for the Oldest Princess and her friends.

My Prince returned with the Pizza, and we ate in the living room and watched American Idol. Grammy and Poppy face timed us for a little while.  It was good to get to talk to them.  We finished watching American Idol.

We laughed and talked and picked on each other a little.  We discussed the Junior/Senior banquet plans. We will have a Junior and a Senior attending this year.  Yikes!!! We talked about their plans, and their friend's plans.

Then we watched our movie.  The movie we watched was Captive.  It is about a guy who escapes from the courthouse in Atlanta after killing a judge and a court reporter. He ends up taking a drug addict hostage.  Someone had given her Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life earlier that day. She picks it up to read it, and the guy holding her hostage asks her to read it out loud.  Maybe you know the story from the news.  Maybe you don't.  But I hate spoilers.  So, you won't find out the end of the story from me.  You will have to check it out yourself.

After the movie, we read Proverbs 22, and discussed it a little. My Prince led us in prayer, and then we figured as late as it was, that it was time to call it a day.

So, until tomorrow...





No comments: