Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 19, 2015

From my devotion this morning: "and when I see the blood, I will pass over you." - from Exodus 12:13

That my friends, is enough said.  I could stop right there, and that would be enough for the whole day.  When God sees the blood of the spotless lamb (His Son in our case), when we apply it to our lives, He will not cast His judgment on us. We are free to live. We are free from a life of sin.  Free to enter into the "Promised Land".  Good stuff!  I meditated on that truth while I got ready for school this morning.  Praising God for sacrificing His Son, for me. Glory be to God Who made a way for a sinner like me to spend eternity with Him!

School for the most part went well.  The kids had a couple of small projects due today, and everyone had them done.  They all presented their projects as well.  It was a successful day. We accomplished everything I had planned.  It was nice.

One of my own children had a little bit of a stressful morning, but we all worked together, and it ended up being okay.

I finally made a call to the dentist to make an appointment for my cleaning that was cancelled. I have been putting off rescheduling it because I am having trouble with a tooth, and I completely dread dental procedures. But I know it has to be done.  So, I will go tomorrow. And I will dread it until it is completely over.  Please pray with me that it is an easy fix.

After school, the Youngest Princess and I came home.  She got ready to go and cheer at the ball game.  She had everything laid out the night before, so all she had to do was change clothes and let me fix her hair.  It made for a smooth afternoon.  We barely had time to get that done, before we had to head back to the school for the games.

The Youngest Princess cheered for the first game.  The Oldest Princess played in the second game, and the Young Prince played in the third game. They all did well, and we are very proud of them.

We came home and My Prince ran to McDonalds to get the kids something to eat.  They are always hungry after they play and cheer.  The kids ate, and then we called Unka to wish him a Happy Birthday.  We talked to him and Aunt T for a few minutes.

Then we had our family devotions from Proverbs 19, and our prayer time.  The Young Prince told us about a specific persecuted Christian group that he is praying for today, so he led in prayer, and prayed for that group again.  It makes me thankful to hear my children pray for others.  It helps to know that they are praying for someone or something that is bigger than themselves.

After devotions, everyone quickly scattered to get showers and prepare for tomorrow.  We decided that since it is so late tonight, we would skip reading Mandie, so the Youngest Princess could go ahead and get to sleep.

I think I will join her.  Until tomorrow...

No comments: