Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 21, 2106

Today has been a good day.  Filled with fairly ordinary things.

First 5 devotions

School

My friend came back to school for the first time since her accident.  It was good to see her for a few minutes, but it was a little overwhelming for her.  Please continue to keep her, and her family in your prayers.

Track meets (for the Oldest Princess and the Young Prince and My Prince who went to watch them) - they saw one of our sweet friends from another school there too.  They sent me pictures.  I wish I could have been with them.

A little bit of a scare with an accident happening near our home.  One friend called to check on us.  I called another friend to check on her mom.  She could not get ahold of her mom, and we worried a few minutes until we knew that she was okay.  I still do not know who was in the accident, but we pray that they are okay.

Volleyball practice and Tumbling for the Youngest Princess - thank you to my sweet friend who took her from one to the other for me.

A chance meet-up with some friends when we stopped at a fast food restaurant for dinner.  It was nice to be able to sit and chat with them for a few minutes.  Life is much to hurried, and I do not like it that we don't get to visit with one another nearly enough.

The Youngest Princess was sitting in the backseat when she exclaimed, "Oh!  Why is it that new books just smell SO good?"  Yes.  She is mine.  I told her as much, and she passed me the book, and picked up another one in the backseat, and we were happy for a few minutes, just smelling the new books.  I know, we are weird that way.  Now, if I could just get her to love reading them as much as she loves smelling them!

Then to one of our favorite neighborhood stores to get some things I need for next week - it's staff appreciation, but shhhh, don't tell!  I also needed to pick up some snacks for tomorrow night.  There was a small scare when I thought I might have lost my cell phone, but we found it , and all was good. I found some shiny, colored paperclips that made me happy, so that was a bonus!  Sometimes it is the little things.

We came home and finished watching a movie together.  Then we all started getting ready for bed.  Tomorrow we are out of school and off work, but it will be a long day as we have much to do.  So, I am going to say goodnight.

Until tomorrow...


No comments: