Two Tiaras and a Sword

Saturday, April 16, 2016

April 16, 2016

I woke up earlier than everyone except My Prince, who had an early morning breakfast meeting.  I used the morning quiet time to work on my Leviticus study.  I had not been able to get anything done on this week, so I wanted to get as much done as I could.  I also took care of some laundry.  My Prince came home from his meeting, and the Young Prince came home from his camp-out with his buddies.

I went upstairs to begin getting ready for my friend's mom's funeral.  When we got there, the receiving line was way out the door and into the parking lot.  In the 15 to 20 minutes we stood there, we only advanced about two car spaces.  We ended up going around to the front to the door of the chapel.  The seats were all taken, so we were standing in the back when a friend and co-worker's husband graciously got up to give his seat to the girls and I.  We were able to fit, with the Youngest Princess sitting on one of our laps. It was a beautiful service.  I knew my friend's mom, in that I recognized her when I saw her, and we had made small talk on several occasions at the school.  I also felt as though I knew her just from the stories my friend had told me about her.  Other than that, I really did not know her.  One of the pastors who did her funeral, had known her for years.  He did a beautiful job describing her life.  I told My Prince when I got back in the car that his description of her made me want to be a better person.  To serve more.  To love deeper and wider.  To squeeze hands and to squish faces.  To be 100% there.  Wherever there was.  And to live simply.  It truly was a beautiful service.

When we got home, we ate lunch, and then My Prince took the Youngest Princess to a friend's house. She went to her friend's house, because My Prince and I, being parents of a Senior, had the Jr./Sr. Banquet to attend.  The Oldest Princess and the Young Prince went upstairs to get some rest.  I did a little more studying and a little more laundry.

Then I thought I would work on my blog a little, because I know it will be late and I will be tired when we get in tonight.  So in a few minutes, I will start getting ready.  I can not believe that we are to this point!  Oh, and speaking of being at that point.  Her college acceptance letter came in the mail today. Yes. It did. Today.  On the day of her Senior Banquet.  Sometimes life moves at warp speed. Now would be one of those times for me.  She tried on her dress and her shoes yesterday, and I'll admit I got a little emotional.  Something about tonight makes things more final.  That and the funeral this morning together have left me feeling on the weepy side today.  With that said, if you feel led to say a little prayer for this momma's heart tonight, I would greatly appreciate it.

And now, we are off to get all gussied up.  You will have to wait until tomorrow to see how tonight goes.  If you are my friend on Facebook, be sure to watch for the thousands of pictures that are sure to come.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: