Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13, 2016

* I woke up several times during the night.  Very unusual for me since I have been doing the Plexus thing.  Usually I sleep very well.  But each time I woke up, I had my friend and her mother on my heart, so I would pray.

*When it was time to get up, I did my First 5 devotion, and then started to get ready.  All the while with my friend and her mom heavy on my heart.

*I wanted to text and check on her, but I didn't want to wake her up if she was sleeping.  Then I didn't want her to think I didn't care.  So while I was wondering what to do and praying, I received a text from her.  She told me that they were waiting on the doctor to come through, and that they were going to take her mom off of the respirator.  She was not breathing on her own, and her pulse was very weak.  The news made me feel sick to my stomach.  It was so the opposite of what I wanted to hear.  I let her know that we would continue to pray, and I passed along her update to some of the other teachers so that they could also be praying.

*I called my friend's son's teacher to let her know that he would not be in for the rest of the week, and we talked for a few minutes about how sad the whole situation was.

*I finished getting ready amid a few more texts and phone calls, and My Prince drove us to school.

*At school, I helped to get my friend's class ready for their tests, and then I went back to my class.  We prayed for my friend and her mother, and then we finished up our tests.  In the middle of the morning, my friend text me to let me know that her mother had passed away.  I was heartbroken for her.  One of the things I hate about death, is that life goes on.  I remember when my daddy passed away, I just wanted time to freeze.  He was gone, so everyone else (in my grieving mind) should just stop.  Stop and acknowledge the huge hole that he left.  Not forever, of course, but at least for a little while.  But that didn't happen.  And I remember feeling the same way when my mother died.  I felt that way again for my friend today.  It was so weird for me, to continue going through the motions.  Everyday motions.  Getting ready.  Testing.  Reading.  Watching a powderpuff football game.   When the world should stop, at least for a few minutes and acknowledge the passing of a precious mother, sister, daughter, grandmother, wife.  It is hard.  And it is sad.  But life doesn't stop.  Not even for a little while.  Not even when the hole they leave is huge.

*We finished our tests pretty early, so we read some of the last Josiah book.  It is at a pretty intense part, so the kids wanted me to keep reading.  I read until it was time for them to go to PE.  After PE we went to lunch, and then outside to watch the high school girls play a powderpuff football game.  The Oldest Princess's team lost.

*We went back in and did a few MadLibs and then read another chapter of Josiah before it was time to go home.

*At home, I relaxed for a few minutes, and worked on my Bible study before My Prince came home with dinner.

*We ate, and then the Young Prince went with My Prince to take the car to a friend of ours to see if he can fix it so I can have my car back.  I'm tired of bumming rides.  And I am thankful for friends who know about cars and are willing to help us out.

*I called my friend, because up until this point, we had done nothing but text, and I wanted to hear her voice and know that she was okay.  Or as okay as she could be at this point.

*My Prince and the Young Prince came home.

*My Prince, the Youngest Princess and I ran by the store and bought some toilet paper and Kleenex to take to my friend.  My Prince thought I was crazy when I told him I wanted to take them toilet paper, but I remember from when my daddy passed away, that someone brought us a whole box full of paper goods: plates, cups, napkins, and yes toilet paper.  When you have a house full of people after a death in the family, one of the last things you think about is if you have enough toilet paper.  I just remember that box being a blessing to us at that time, so when I talked to her, I questioned her if they had paper plates, cups, etc.  She said yes to everything until I asked about toilet paper.  Then she said that she was not sure about that.  So, toilet paper it was.

*We dropped it off, gave her a hug and told them we were praying for them.

*Then we went to the church.

*Our group went well.  I love those ladies and I love meeting with them, and sharing what we have learned through the week each Wednesday night.

*After church, one of the Oldest Princess's friends came by and picked up a dress and some shoes she wanted to borrow from the Oldest Princess.

*Then the kids all went upstairs, and I worked on my blog, while My Prince stayed at church for a deacon's meeting.  Now he is home, and we are ready to do our nightly routine to get ready for tomorrow.  So I will go.

*Please continue to keep my friend and her family in your prayers.

*Until tomorrow...

No comments: