Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 9



Today I am thankful for prayer.  We have a God who loves us, and cares about what is going on in our lives.  Sometimes it is very evident, because He answers right away.  Other times, He may feel distant, because He does not answer right away, or because He answers differently than we want Him to.  But every time when He answers, we can rest assured that He answers according to what is best for us.  As a parent, I absolutely want what is best for my children.  But there are times when I make mistakes, because I am tired, or because I may not know the whole situation.  But God never makes mistakes.  That means that we can trust Him completely...with everything.  Knowing this, takes the pressure off.  I can do my very best, and leave everything else up to the Lord.  And if I keep up a daily conversation with Him, I grow closer to Him, and better understand His heart.  And the better I understand His heart, the more I can trust Him.  It is definitely a win-win situation.  I can't imagine what it would be like to not have prayer!  I can't imagine not being able to go to God at any time for any reason.  Prayer is definitely a blessing, and a privilege from God.  And today, as with every day, I am very thankful for the ability to make my requests known to Him.

I know that many of you reading this have special requests on your hearts.  Some I may know about, some I may not.  But, if I know you personally, and you have asked me to pray for something specific, know that I pray for you often.  And those of you who I may not know personally, you just drop in to read from time to time, I pray for you as well!  I would ask that you also feel free to lift me up in your prayers as often as the Lord brings me to your mind.  One can never pray enough, or be prayed for enough.  What a blessing and privilege it is to pray for one another!

No comments: