Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 4

As I hear more and more about Christians being persecuted around the world, I am reminded to be thankful for something I sometimes take for granted: the freedom of religion.  I am thankful that I live in a country where I can go to church without fear of being persecuted.  I am thankful that this morning, our family will get in the car and go to the church of our choice.  We will worship the Lord without fear of anyone coming in, and arresting us.  There are many people in the world who do not have that wonderful privilege.  Instead, they have to travel under the cover of darkness, and meet secretly, while being in fear of their very lives.  Today.

So, freedom of religion is something I definitely am thankful for.  It is something that I should never take for granted.  And as I head out to enjoy that freedom, I will remember to pray for those who do NOT have it to be thankful for.

No comments: