Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 27

Today I am thankful for the time I have each night to snuggle with and read to the youngest princess. I love reading to her, and she loves to be read to.  I love how excited she gets.  I love that she talks about the characters as if they are close friends.  I love that when we watched the movie based on the book, she continued to say, "That's not what happened in the book!"

She always reminds me, because she doesn't want me to forget.  We try to read one chapter a night, but she often begs for more.  She wants to include others in our story time as well, and she often begs for her Daddy to stay and listen while we read.  She remembers what we have read in great detail, and loves to tell the story to anyone who will listen.

 I love it on the weekends when she brings the book to me during the day and asks to read.  Often the chapters end in cliffhangers, and it is hard to wait until the next night to find out the resolution.  I love that she enjoys it as much as I do.

I hope she continues to have a great love for reading.  I am thankful for our special time together, and for the memories I have of reading to my older children as well.  I am thankful for simple pleasures that bring us closer, make sweet memories, and add joy to our lives.

No comments: