Two Tiaras and a Sword

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 11

A year ago on this morning, I was a bundle of nerves.  My prince was preaching in view of a call to be a pastor.  Our family's future hung in the balance.  In a few short (very long, actually) hours, we would have an answer to months of praying, questionaires, and interviews...we would know if my husband would be the next pastor of this awesome church.

They had the morning all planned out, and we nervously and prayerfully went through each step.  I remember walking out the door when it was over, and taking a deep breath, as if I had been holdimg my breath for the last 45 minutes.

We drove home in virtual silence, deciding we would wait until we got the results of the vote before going for lunch.  We were too nervous to eat anyway.

We didn't have to wait long.  The head of the pulpit committee called to tell us that the church voted to call my husband as the pastor.  He accepted the call of course, and the rest has been one amazing year.



Today, I am thankful for my church, and my church family.  I am thankful for the things we have seen the Lord do, and the ways we have seen Him move.  I am thankful for the opportunity to serve, along with my husband, one of the greatest groups of the body of Christ.  We have fallen in love with this wonderful group of huge hearted people.  People who have a heart for the Lord, for others, and for their community.  We have laughed and cried with them.  We have celebrated and mourned with them.  We have known most of them only a year, but feel as though we have loved them forever.  I am very thankful that God has given us the privilege to serve, and love such a precious group of gracious, supportive, encouraging people!


No comments: