Two Tiaras and a Sword

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 30

Whew!  I laughingly told the prince that I was going to be thankful that the thirty days of thankfulness is over...it is tough to write a blog a day for thirty days!  It take some serious planning ahead when your schedule is crazy...it almost made me crazy...well, crazier than I already am.  It is much less stressful to wrap it all up in a once a week thankful blog...so after today, tune in next Thursday :-)!

It will be nice not to have the pressures of a daily blog, but that is not really what I'm thankful for.  Today I am thankful for people who encourage others.  Life can be hard sometimes, and things sometimes just don't go the way we had planned.  But I am thankful when God sends just the right person along with just the right words to say, or thing to do that really helps.  I love it when it happens out of the blue.  God sent someone to encourage us a few days ago, and that person may never know how timely her words were, but they were precious to me.  A while back a friend heard that we were going to have an especially busy week, so she fixed dinner for us one night, and that meant more than the world to me.  Over the past few months, a friend called to see if we were home and dropped off a plate of cookies with a hug and a smile.  A student dropped by with a six pack of bottled cokes.  Someone else went out of their way to bring me a treat.  Another friend dropped by with a gift and a card saying what she couldn't say with words, but could say with a pen.  All small gestures that speak volumes of love to our souls.  I am thankful for people who listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, and then follow through to be an encouragement to others.  And just as we have been encouraged and blessed, I pray that our family can encourage and bless others.  I pray that we spread the thankfulness, not just in November, but every day of the year!


No comments: