Two Tiaras and a Sword

Monday, November 12, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 12

Today, I am thankful for the men and women who sacrifice everything, and lay their lives on the line so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we enjoy today.  I can not imagine being in the military myself, or being married to someone who is in the military.  It is definitely not God's calling on my life.  But I sure am glad that it is the calling on the lives of some, and that they are so great at what they do.  I am thankful that they are brave enough to do what they do for the love of their families, and their country, so that we all may be able to live in freedom.  I am thankful for the families that sacrifice long periods of time away from their loved ones, so that they may serve our country.



My Daddy served in the Air Force.  He was even stationed overseas in France for a while.  It was while he was stationed in France that he received a telegram letting him know that his own father had passed away.  So, in serving our country, he had to find out via telegram that his father had passed away, and he did not get to go home for the funeral.  I am sure tha was a dark time in his life.  Yet he was always the first to make sure that Veterans were recognized, and those who gave their lives were memorialized.  He loved his country deeply, and believed in the principles it was founded upon.  He passed that love of country on to us as his children.  So not only on this day, when I have a day off, and the soldiers who are fighting for us do not have the day off, but on every day, I am thankful for those who selflessly serve in our armed forces.  May God bless them with strength, bravery, and safety!

No comments: