Two Tiaras and a Sword

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 13

Today, I am thankful for our Sunday night ladies' Bible study.  I am thankful for the things I have been able to learn.  I am thankful for the ways God has worked in my life, and changed me through it.  I am thankful for the ladies who are going through it with me, and the way they challenge and encourage one another.  I am thankful for the stories of "imperfect progress" that they share with me, about how God is working in their lives.  I am thankful for their willingness to be open about how God is dealing with them, so that they may be an encouragement and blessing to others. I am thankful that my eyes have been opened to some of the reasons why I come Unglued and how I can work to be more godly and honest in my future interactions with others.  I love doing the homework during the week, and then getting together on Sunday nights to compare notes and see how God spoke to our hearts through it.  Yes, even when the homework takes me out of my comfort zone.  I am thankful for our Sunday night Bible study, and for each and every lady that is taking the journey of "imperfect progress" with me.

On a funny note, we've been talking about it so much at our house, that my husband dreamed he met Lysa TerKeurst, the author of the study we are doing.  He said he looked for me everywhere, in order to introduce us, but he couldn't find me, so he just explained to her that the term "unglued" is now a daily part of the language in our home.  I sure do hate it that he couldn't find me, because I really would like to meet her in person!

No comments: