Two Tiaras and a Sword

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 1

Last year for the month of November, I did one thankful post each day.  I really enjoyed it, so I plan to do it again this year.  I think we should be much more thankful year round, not just  on one planned day of the year.  So I encourage you to join me, and focus on at least one thing each day that you are thankful for.  I think you will find that you enjoy it as much as I do!

Of course, on the first day, I am most thankful for God and for my salvation.  I am thankful that God sent His only begotton Son to be the perfect sacrifice for my sins.  It is comforting to know as I teach my fifth grade class about the book of Leviticus that we no longer have to make animal sacrifices for our sins.  I am thankful that we can go boldly before the throne of grace, because Jesus became our great High Priest.  I am thankful for the assurance from God's Word that when I die, I will spend eternity with Him.  What a blessing to know that all of my immediate family, and most of my extended family have this assurance as well.

Yes, today, and everyday, I am extremely thankful for God, and His provision for us to have the wonderful gift of salvation!

No comments: