Two Tiaras and a Sword

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankfulness - Day 14

I was in elementary school when I knew.  I remember sitting in my desk as my teacher Mrs. Miley  taught us about cause and effect.  I knew then.  I wanted to be a teacher.  A teacher just like Mrs. Miley, and Mrs. Palko, and Mrs. Mayberry, and Mrs. Darling, and Mrs. Schilling, and definitely NOT like my third grade teacher.  But in my short school career, I had been blessed with some awesome teachers, and one, well, one who just needed to go ahead and retire.  Anyway, it was the love of learning instilled in me by that wonderful group of ladies that made me know I wanted to teach when I got older.

From then on, through middle school, high school, and college, I have had my fair share of great teachers, as well as a very few who should have joined my third grade teacher in retirement.  I am extremely thankful for every teacher I've ever had.  The good, and the not so good, because I learned many, many lessons from each one of them.

I am also thankful for the teachers who spend their days with my children.  Teachers who study and plan, and go out of their way to make learning fun.  Teachers who do all they can to pass on knowledge to my children to help them achieve their dreams.  Teachers who not only teach character, but also model it.  Teachers who love my children, and treat them as they would their own children.  Teachers who could be making more money at just about any other job, but pass up the money in order to minister and pour themselves out into young lives.

Today, I am thankful for people who love education and choose to spend their lives passing on that love to others.

No comments: